Sometimes


Sometimes . . . to move forward, we must let go of the past. 

I've always been one to avoid confrontation at all costs. I don't like talking about uncomfortable moments, and I don't like addressing them when they happen. But often times, when I avoid them, they weigh on me. I begin to feel like the earth is sitting on my chest. And then . . . it takes over, crushing my very soul.

Sometimes . . . you have to get it out.

It won't be easy, but it is necessary. Because after a while, you don't like the person you are becoming. You begin acting in ways that make you mean, cranky, and not at all the person you want to be.

Sometimes . . . you have to let it go.

Because once you do . . . you feel better. You can breathe. Not those short little breaths. I'm talking those big, deep, down to your belly button sort of breaths. The ones that fill your lungs 110%, and clears all the nasty thoughts and awful confusion from your head. Those are good breaths.

Sometimes . . . it's going to hurt.

It might even hurt someone you love. But you have to do it . . . for your own well being. And while it might not be understood, you know how you feel . . . and you owe it to yourself. After all, you have got to take care of yourself. Stand up for yourself. Believe in yourself.

And then finally . . . when it's all said and done . . . you can finally see. You can finally feel. And that sky, finally, looks even prettier than it did the day before.  Sometimes you have to deal with something really tough to be able to see the world around you, to remember how beautiful it was and see how beautiful it will be once again. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!