Colors of my Doors

                       

I love the colors of this art journal page that I did the other day . . . bright, vivid colors - they make me happy.

We tend to react one way or another to a color that we come in contact with, don't we?  Soft shades of blues and greens often bring a sense of peace. Reds bring a feeling of passion and great enthusiasm. Yellows bring on happiness and joy like no other. I absolutely love to take those Facebook quizzes that, after answering a variety of silly questions, tell you exactly the color you are. Some days I don't need a quiz to tell me what color I am feeling . . . but other days, I'm not so sure. 

And these days, I'm a variety of colors. Truly . . . every color of the rainbow. Each and every day. 

Moments of calmness in my days are quickly taken over by feelings of overwhelm and great concern, then the joy peeks in, followed by worry and despair. It's a never ending ride of a very blessed and colorful time. I've spent a great deal of energy this year trying to truly understand the difference between empathy and sympathy. I'm trying so very hard to not lose sight of my own happiness at the expense of others.  I refuse to carry the drama this holiday season, and will do my very best to stay focused on me and mine. Yes, I do often feel as if I have a quiet war going on with the colors in my life. 

It's crazy . . . for most of us, I am sure. 

But I would rather be all colors of the rainbow, then have no color at all. 

I wonder if most artists or creative types feel this way - the roller coaster of emotion. the highs and lows that come with creating. 

I bet they do. 

The page above was my way of reflecting all of that. The highs and lows. The whirlwind days, the chaos, the happiness, the love, the joy, the differences. All of it.

When I showed it to Phil - he said, 'Oh, I like it! It looks like doors. That's cool." 

And I laughed, because I thought that is exactly what I want it to be . . . I want my art to be whatever it is that YOU feel when you look at it. Whatever YOU see.

Emotions. Or doors.

Colors.

We took a lovely ride to an Apple Orchard a couple hours away this weekend. I was so inspired by the changing colors of the leaves - it was a beautiful day, for sure.

There is this lovely little spot along the highway with the most charming red walled farms and buildings. I absolutely love the view from the road - and with the colors changing, it was a perfect picture taking opportunity. Next time, I am going to pull over and make sure I have the 'good' camera with me.  I think I see a mixed media art piece coming soon . . . sigh.


I think I could sit there and watch the colors change for days. I'm pretty sure of it.

Wishing you peace, in all of your glorious colors, my friends.

xo






Comments

  1. Your page is so pretty and cheerful. I am babying myself today and laying around with a head cold. I can't breath except to cough and sneeze. Maybe working on a bright and cheerful page would get me out of my funk. You are an inspiration. Beautiful fall countryside photo, too:)
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!