heART Journaling

                      

So, I'm am ALL into Art Journaling lately.  It makes my heART feel happy. 

And I love the play on words - the heart and art. They truly are the perfect combination for me. 

I am a great admirer of those who pour their creative words and creative selves onto the pages of a sketch book. I could spend hours on Pinterest looking at one image or another of someones art journals. And sometimes, I do just that (spend hours on Pinterest). It fills my creative pitcher, and sometimes - it is exactly what I need. 

I bought a new sketch book strictly for my Art Journaling. This will not be one full of doodles or zentangles, like my other sketch books. This won't all be happy and sappy. The main purpose of this one will be to art journal. In the coming weeks I hope to share many of my new creations with you here. 

But . . . I must preface this by saying the following . . . 

- This is an art journal.
- I will be sharing some deep thoughts, and some not-so-deep thoughts.
- I am ok.
- Please do not worry about me.
- If I share a page that is working through some feelings that I have, please do not read more into it.
- It is not a cry for help. 
- It is me, figuring it all out. 
- Like I used to do on my blog - although I stopped doing that, because I would inevitably get that phone call from a worried friend or family member saying, "I read your blog - I am worried about you - are you ok?" 
- Trust me. I will always be ok. 

Because even on dark days, 
I ALWAYS see the light. 
It's just that sometimes I need to turn it off for a bit.  And re-group. 

Does that make sense? 

I started to think about why I have taken such a long break from my blog. A great deal of it has to do with feeling like I couldn't be totally open and honest with what I wanted to write, for fear of worrying those in my life.  I was proud of the fact that my blog was a place of honesty and truth - it is, was and always will beI always said that this blog was a lot cheaper than therapy, and it was my way of working things out in life. The good. The bad. The ugly. Some point along the way, some forgot that. Maybe I forgot that.  I began to feel like some were watching a little too closely, and felt like too many questions started as far as what I was writing, and why I was writing it. So, I needed to break free from the responsibility that I put on myself.  I need to focus on why I kept my blog to begin with. And slowly, I am making my way back. 

Again, I repeat . . . 
I will always be ok. Because even on dark days, I do ALWAYS see the light. 

I feel better getting that out. 

Thanks. 

So, back to the Art Journaling. 

I like it. And if you aren't sure what it is all about, feel free googling "art journaling", or spend some time on Pinterest looking at some awesome images. The world is full of some brilliantly talented people - and I feel blessed to take these small little glimpses into each of their lives. Truly. I am in awe of the talent in the world. 

You should try it - really. Pick up a journal and some paints or markers, and just be free. Write your thoughts - your dreams - your fears - whatever it is that you are thinking of. Or look at the photo above for some other suggestions on journal ideas. I just did that page above as the first page in my new sketchbook. If I am ever stuck, I hope to turn to it an find inspiration of one or more ideas of a page. 

As always, thanks for letter me explore my art and my heart . . . all right here. 

It feels so good to be blogging again. I truly can't even find the words to explain how good it feels. 

Until next time, 
Peace. 
xo

Comments

  1. Leanne,
    I love reading your blog! I'm so happy you're writing again. I love your honesty and how you express yourself! It makes me want to do my blog again......sort of....if I had more time. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your art and your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!