The Focus of Fall

       

I am absolutely loving life these days. 

Fall. I love it even more this year than ever before. 

It has always been a time of family, a time to re-group and focus, a time of great excitement before the wonderful holiday season. But this year, for some reason . . . I am feeling it all even more. 

Yesterday, Katie and I had a few rare hours alone while Ella enjoyed some time over at a friends house. We made a quick stop at Target, grabbed a Pumpkin Spice Latte (because it goes with the season, you know), and took a little side ride through the forest preserve near our home while heading home. It was a gray and rainy day, but even in all the gray - the leaves were glowing in the warm colors of fall. As we drove through the park, I was in awe at the magic of falling leaves taking place around us. I usually feel like I miss the whole transformation from summer to winter - as if one day I wake up and the leaves have turned colors, and the next day I wake up and find all the trees bare and piles of leaves waiting to be raked on our lawn. But this year, I am relishing in changing of seasons - and taking all the time to focus on it as it happens before my eyes. 

My ride brought my "Word of the Year" for 2014 front and center yesterday. Remember that whole "Word of the Year" thing that I like to do? Well, I struggled with my word this year from the very beginning. I felt like I couldn't get a handle on it - I wasn't living it. I actually FORGOT what it was some time mid-April, and was reminded by a friend. But yesterday, it was there. . . 

FOCUS

And I think I truly have been "focused" on it . . . all year long. I think a great deal of that whole "focus on life" is what has pulled me away from the blog - because I didn't want to take the time to write about what was happening in my world, I just wanted to FOCUS on it and live it.  

And yesterday, as I watched the leaves fall straight from the tops of these gorgeous trees, and followed them as they traveled their way in wind and rain to the ground, I was there. Taking it in. Enjoying a moment with my oldest daughter (who is changing and growing faster by the minute). Focused. 

It was awesome. 

I hope that you are taking some time to stop the clock and look at the world around you right now. Enjoy the changing colors, if they are changing by you. Focus on what is most important in your life right now, and give yourself a break from those things that really don't matter. 

It's worth every single second, I tell you. Ever single one. 

xo and Peace, friends. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!