Sometimes I Forget

                 
I have an amazing husband. 

Have I told you that before?  

I don't want to gloat, or sound like I am bragging. I am not. I am just recognizing one of my biggest blessings, and sharing it with you today. My husband. He is pretty awesome. 

In the past few months, he has been top notch. 

And sometimes I forget to tell him that. 

Because, I guess, the expectation is for him to be this 'Superman'. Not only for me, but for everyone else. 

Sometimes, I forget that he is real. Just like you and me. 

Sometimes, I forget that he has pressures and stresses - unlike those that I can relate to. He has that "manly" responsibility to care for all four of us - for our home, to pay our bills, provide . . . all those things. Even though he knows we are in this 'together' - that we work 'together' - I know he carries the load.  Yes, sometimes I forget that he really has the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

Sometimes, I forget that he feels. He is not emotionless. Things hurt him. Things upset him. Things anger him. Things bother him. And he is allowed to feel. He needs time to process. He needs time to work through those feelings, just like you or I do. 

Sometimes, I forget that he gets run down. That work has stresses I can only pretend to understand. That it is easy for me to imagine he is shutting down from 'me', when really he is just shutting down from everything - for just a moment. 

This past weekend, he let me rest. Truly. Two days of me doing absolutely nothing, as I tried to beat whatever this latest respiratory mess is that has invaded my body. 

He cooked, he cleaned, he took the girls places, he did laundry, he let his daughter have a sleepover and made fruit smoothies and homemade pancakes for breakfast (always homemade - and he always makes them - ALWAYS - even when I am feeling well). He moved furniture in their rooms when they asked him, he cleaned out my car and had it washed for me. He had work worries on his mind, and yet he showed up when he was needed most. And he is amazing. Truly. 

On Wednesday this week, he turns 40. I'm so very grateful that God put him in this world, and that our paths crossed so many years ago. And this week, I celebrate him - all that he is - all that he does. 

I love you, honey. 

Thank you for being my life. 

xoxo 

Comments

  1. Those were really kind words honey, but I don't deserve that. I love you and am grateful for all of the work and sacrifices you make too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a keeper that hubby of yours :-) A very happy 40th birthday to him too!
    Hope you are feeling much better Leanne- sorry you have been so unwell...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!