Sore . . . Again

                 
My throat is killing me tonight. Absolutely killing me. 

I've been fighting this thing for a whole week. Last Saturday, I saw a doctor and was told I had an ear infection, upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, bronchitis, and a bad cold and cough (I think I told her those last two things.)  I left the visit with a bag full of medicines, and the advice to get as much rest as I could. Antibiotic, cough syrup with codeine, inhaler, nasal spray, and some other cough tablet. The whole kit and kaboodle.

And for the past 7 days, I have taken - faithfully - everything prescribed. Followed doctors orders exactly as they were set out for me. 

And I am not feeling much better. A little, yes. But not as much as I expected to be feeling, one week later. 

In fact this evening, as we sat at the birthday party for a friends daughter, I told Phil that I felt like my throat was getting sore all over again. Again. The coughing has never really stopped - my nose has still been running like crazy - but tonight, my throat . . . feels awful. 

What is it? Is it because I am older? Does it take longer to heal the body as you age? I'm not liking it. Not one bit. I have too much to do (too much that I want to do). Places to go. People to see. Work to do. Art to make. Kids to care for. All of it. 

So, the scene on our kitchen table tonight is the very same as it has been all week long - my new favorite tea with a healthy spoon of honey, and the wish to get rid if this nasty nasty bug. 

Blah . . . 

As soon as I am finished - it's off to beddy-bye. Lord - pray this stuff leaves me soon. My two dear nephews are arriving from NY in one week, and this Auntie needs to be ready!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, dear friend. 

And lots and lots of peace. 

Comments

  1. Hope you feel better soon....it's no fun coughing, sneezing, and trying to breath, with a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!