This IS THE LIFE!

Last week, I told my dear friend, Peggy, how much I missed blogging.

"I don't even know where to begin," I told her. "It's been so long, I don't even know what to say.

"Just write," she said. "Write about what you're  doing. Just do it.

Wise words from a wise friend. 

So . . . Me? What am I doing . . . . I guess, I am just up to my eye balls in LIFE.  

2014 - it went out with a bang (a new job, four weeks of a horrible cold and cough, non-stop holiday activities, lots of family fun with even some not-so-fun, and everything that goes with it.) 

Then, 2015. A new year, new focus, the rebirth of old ideas in brand new ways. A friend making her dream come true, and me being allowed to enjoy the benefits of it. And life. It IS THE life. 

To avoid boring you with all if the little day in and day out happenings of the past 56 days - I'll take a few days this week to share two or three moments of those days - moments whose magic sparkles are still flying around in the air. Moments that have started 2015 off just right. 

The first . . . . has to be this moment right here. 

                    

My dear friend Emily Franz opened an art studio in a town (Mokena, Illinois) just 10 minutes from my home. I am beyond proud of her and her business partner, Meka, for I know they have the makings of something quite special and so very wonderful there. 

It's called Little Patische Studio. It's a tiny space, oh-so-perfectly cosy, quaint and so very very charming. It's full of such great energy. And my friend - she has extended an awesomely open invititation to me: to join her in painting and creating fun - pretty much whenever I can and for however long I want. Can you imagine? It is quickly becoming heaven on earth to me. Truly. Heaven on earth. 

                                

I've been there often the first few weeks of this New Year. Soaking in the energy, exploring her style and work, dreaming of my own, and painting. Yes, I've been painting. 

And I am loving every single moment of it. 

Yes, I am working at the Pediatricians office . . . . (everything seems to be going really well there - I love the job and really like my co-workers - it has been a great experience so far) . . . but I am trying to spend at least one day a week at Emily's studio, if I can. To create. To dream. To fill my pitcher with all that it needs to feed me all week long. 

Art fills my soul. Truly. 

One of the visits I had at the studio this past month, was with Ella and Katie. Phil was out of town for a long business trip, and Emily had invited me to the studio to paint, so I asked her if the girls could come with me. "Of course!!" she replied. So off we went, for a night of creative fun. While Emily set the girls up with an awesome mixed media project - I focused on a great big canvas piece (36"x36"-my biggest ever!) Of course, the girls LOVED being at Little Pastiche just as much as I do!! 

                               

But the highlight had to have been when Ella came up to me during the night and said, "Mom, this is THE LIFE!!!" I love how much the girls love the space - I love how it seemed to fill their souls just as much as it fills mine. I love how they just get it. I love that we have this place to go to. And I love that this IS THE life. . . MY life. Right here, right now. 

Will be back soon to share a few more moments of the past few months with you. I find I am still learning lessons each and every day - and that even at 43, I have so much to learn. I can't wait to share more with you soon, my friends. 

Thanks for stopping by. And for hanging on with me. How is your life these days? 

Wishing you Peace, as always. 
xo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!