Fearless Days

I had a million and one errands to run yesterday . . . post office, Walmart, gas station, Starbucks ;) . .  .you name it, I probably had to stop there. Driving around town on a beautiful summer day sure can bring you happiness. At least for me . . . that's exactly what happened.

It was the hair.

The bright pink hair.

As I was be-bopping around town, I saw a young girl riding her bicycle with a friend of hers. By young, I'd say she was probably 16 or 17 years old. It wasn't the bicycle that caught my eye, or the friend on his bicycle, for that matter. It was, her hair.

Bright bright pink.
And it made me smile.

Never in my life could I have done that. But boy oh boy . . . I wish I did. I actually wish I could do that right about now. Because I feel it, you know? But I could never do it. 

Remember when you had courage like that? To be who you wanted to be, and not care or worry about it. To be free. Completely and totally free to experience life as you choose to experience it?

I don't remember ever feeling that way.

When I was 16 and 17, I worked every single weekend and holiday at a Catholic south side Chicago hospital in the admitting office. It was an amazing opportunity for me and I learned some wonderful skills that I use my whole adult life. However, you can imagine that pink hair would have been strongly frowned upon by the Sisters of St. Casimir. It's ok . . . everything shapes who you are. I'm good.

But that hair. Bright bright pink. (One "bright" just doesn't seem like enough.) I wish I could have stopped the car and talked to that young girl. I wish I could have told her that I loved her hair, and that she should continue to be just who she wants to be in life. I wish I could have told her that I admire her courage and her spunk (because you've gotta have spunk to have hair like that). I wish I could have had just a minute to see her up close, and tell her she's going to be just fine in this life of hers.

I'm taking advantage of an offer from my friend and fellow artist Robin Norgren for a Life Coaching session today on "overcoming your fears." I happened to be at the right place (facebook) at the right time (yesterday) when Robin was offering a free session to one person. I snatched it up. Because believe it or not, I have fear. And I want desperately to overcome it.

Seeing the girl with the bright pink hair sort of solidified this for me. And while I don't imagine I'm going to walk away from Robin's session with bright pink hair, I do feel like it's going to help shift something in this universe for me. And that, my friends, is a good thing.

I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Until then, I wish you a wonderful fearless days, my friends! Much Peace to you all!

Comments

  1. I was one of those bright pink hair girls...only instead of bright pink I cut my hair REALLY REALLY short and left a long rat tail on the side...oh my heck...looking back it was awful!!! LOL:)

    I am happy you got that coaching session....what a gift.

    I miss talking to you friend....Love ya!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO Ive always wanted a white streak running down my hair somewhere!!!! Now if I could only train my white hair coming in to do that I would be happy!!!:O) Cant wait to hear about the session!!!:O) Have a great day!!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hair is always an issue b/c ... I just let it be naturally extreme & my BIG sister hates the unkept look

    ReplyDelete
  5. So baby steps, then. Get yourself a pink hair extension. When we have our fundraisers at school, they bring in a local shop who will add extensions for a $10 donation for breast cancer awareness.

    But I get to be a bit of a rebel! Face a fear. Wait, is it facing a fear if I have a failsafe excuse? Hmmmm...maybe not!

    Well, then the next thing to do is to have that session to overcome your fear! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once saw a guy on the NY subway with a bright clue crew cut that matched perfectly his brilliant blue eyes. I knew a girl who had strands woven into her blond hair of different colors. I don't "think" that I need to express myself that way, I don't miss it, but I find it beautiful. Can't wait to see where life coaching brings you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unsure about the pink hair, but I love your artistic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. K, then. One of the goals after our time in the ecourse together has got to be bright pink hair or something along those lines! You and me both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. K, then. One of the goals after our time in the ecourse together has got to be bright pink hair or something along those lines! You and me both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!