Keeping it Real . . . 2


Time for another "Keeping it Real!" post.
Here are some of the truths in my life this week . . .

The truth is . . . I don't like the heat. Heat, is heat . . . whether it's dry heat, humid heat, north heat, south heat . . . it's heat, and my crevices don't like it, at all! It's been darn hot here in the mid-west (and all over the country) this week. And while I don't love the heat - I am enjoying our little pool. It's amazing how a $200 investment can bring so much joy to our days. :)

The truth is . . . I am so glad that some of the summer activites for Katie and Ella are coming to an end. While I really wanted the summer to be full of lots of fun things for them to do, I'm tired! It seems each and every day, we are running to some sort of activity or another. I'm ready to just enjoy the time . . . in our home . . . without having somewhere to be. Welcome July!

The truth is . . . the things that used to matter, mean very little to me now. And the things that I have either brushed off in the past, or have not given much attention to, are truly what matters most. Spending less time looking at the clock, and more time just "being" has been a great experience for me. And that freedom has provided some great moments for me this week. I like that. A lot.

The truth is . . . I like our gym club membership. Yes, I really do. Don't tell anyone, though. I don't want anyone to think I am actually enjoying exercise. But . . . I feel so good when I am done with my workout, and I walk out of that place (nasty sweaty clothes and hair, and all), with my head held high! AND, I actually have been going regularly for two weeks now! Wooo hooo!

The truth is . . . I miss painting. Haven't done a single thing in my studio for almost two weeks, and prior to that - all I was doing was organizing and preparing and mailing and business stuff. I haven't painted in a while. And I miss it. Terribly. Painting has become something necessary for my spirit, and I am going to get myself down there and paint this week. I MUST. My spirit needs it - bad.

The truth is . . .  I will always be a Chicago Cubs fan . . . no matter what. We took the girls to a game this past week, against the New York Mets. And the Cubs lost . . . BIG TIME. (Mets - 17, Cubs - gulp - 1). It was a BAD loss. But I will always be a fan of theirs, no matter what happens. It's in my blood. And it will always be.

The truth is . . . Life is good. And that is for real.

Join the revolution . . . and write your own "Keeping it Real" Post! Grab a button, write a post, and link up with your story here!
Feel free to link up below:

Comments

  1. Love your truths! Funny thing about those cubs. Now, you know I'm a born, raised and have never left Florida. For the longest time, way before the current days on 462 cable channels, the only cable we got was TBS (Atlanta) and WGN (Chicago). I grew up playing softball so I've always been a baseball fan, and by extension thanks to TBS and WGN, a Braves and Cubs fan. Still am even though we have two MLB teams in Florida now!

    And as for that heat, I feel ya sister. I told my husband today at least we have a breeze...but it's a really hot breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet thoughtful truths. I had a super duper truth post, then stopped by here, and had to go back and add your button. Yes. Time for the truth.

    Boy oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will enter this for sure. Love it Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago Cubs...gasp...no...say it isn't so.
    I own an eliptical machine. It turned into my son's "space ship"...I really should use that thing because exercise is really good for my mind.
    I haven't scrapbooked in weeks. I may have the shakes because of that. Just can't find the motivation, inspiration and time...oh time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this Leanne! Your words are just what I needed today. Thank you my friend! and now I'm off to write about my truth for today. ;)
    Hugs
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!