Daily Journey and Wonderful Daydreams


What a beautiful week . . . what a beautiful Fall . . . what a beautiful world . . . especially when looking at it from here.

My daily journey.

Oh, it's been too long since I've written about my road.

But it's still there, of course.

I don't travel down it daily, as I use to. But I do get to visit it at least two or three times a week. This past week, it was in it's glory. The trees are absolutely gorgeous this fall. My mom and I were talking about them this morning, and determined we have no idea why people talk of traveling out east to see the colors change. The colors are beautiful right where we are.

I'm coming down from the hype and excitement of the craft fair. Feeling alive and regenerated in my creative self. I shared some of my art goodies with some of the people at the hospital where I am still doing work at, and it was . . . awesome! One of the ladies stood reading my "Annalee" greeting cards and said, "Wow! I love your writing. You're like Erma Bombeck!" and I almost fell off my chair.

Erma. Bombeck. She said I was like Erma Bombeck.

Wow.

I drove down my road after that conversation. As I stopped the car to take a picture of the road, I found my mind traveling to that day, over a year ago, at The Creative Connection Event in Minnesota. While presenting my "pitch" to the experts from Hallmark, Demdaco, and Midwest CBK, one of the experts asked me whether I thought my Annalee line was more about the art and the character, or the words behind it.

My initial answer was . . . the words.

Probably not the best answer to give when pitching my ART to a bunch of experts. But, it was my honest to goodness feeling. The Words.

I want to write. And this week, while sharing my words with a total stranger, I was told that my words are like those of a great American storyteller. I sat in my car, looking down this road, and thought of writing. How badly I want to do it. What I think the cover of my book would look like. Where my book tour would take me. What I would say to . . . the press . . . and then BEEP . . . . a car horn. Behind me. And with that, my day dream ended.

But the idea . . . it's as clear as day.

I want to write. And if there is anything I have taught myself in the past 41 years . . . I know that if I really put my mind to it, I can do just about anything.

Peace, my friends. I hope you daydreams are wonderful ones.

Comments

  1. Yes, you can do anything girl!!! You've done so much already and have so much more to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most definietly can to anything. Keep those dreams a coming and make them happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being compared to Erma ... well, that is not only a consummate, but a MUCH deserved, compliment! And as adorable as I find Annalee, who always makes me smile, I would have to agree with you that it's the words - the heartfelt message she delivers - that brings laughter, recognition, a nod of the head, tears ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. You actually have leaves changing! Beautiful! PS - Love the Halloween crafty thing and I want to know what you plan to do with those heart shaped boxes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!