Oh, What a Week!

Here we are, again!

It's been a wonderfully crazy and busy week. I've over extended myself, yet again. Running classroom holiday parties, husband traveling, making art, new activities for the girls, oh . . . and then there is that darn job thing always getting in the way of all the fun. ;) I hope to be finished in the next week or two. Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I think.

I long for slower days. When I can . . . breathe. When I can . . . read. When I can . . . go to bed early and sleep in late.

Maybe in January.

January of 2036, perhaps.

That's when my social security (God willing) kicks in.

Yep, 2036.

Until then . . . here's a little glimpse at my week . . .

We saw Justin Bieber on Wednesday! Phil, Katie, Ellie, our neighbors Christina, Megan, Jenni and Gabriella, and me.  Phil drove all of us in our mini-van (thank goodness for our mini-van). And with the help of ear plugs, we all survived!

I discovered an old love of good ol'fashion DRAWING this week. Pencil and paper. It felt SO GOOD and I hope to return to it as soon as I can!

Yes, that's PG on the left . . . as Mildred, the Lunch Lady . . . and Katie, Ella and me. I am Adele. Yes, Adele. This picture doesn't quite do the look justice. But this one is a little better . . .
 
HOLY CRIMINY!
That is REALLY ME!!!
I watched a few Adele make-up tutorials on YouTube (remember? you can find just about anything online), and picked up a wig at the local Halloween store. I felt like a STAR all night long.
It sure was fun pretending to be someone else!!!!
 
Oh, the leaves have been gorgeous this year.
(I'm fairly certain I say that every year.)
 
Still working on the candles . . . but they are closer to completion! YAY!!!
 
I love to catch those last few leaves, hanging on for dear life. As if they might make it all winter long on their trusty branch. I took this photo while waiting for Ella to arrive home from school one after noon. The very next day, the leaves had given up and the tree was bare. Oh, see you next spring leaves!

Oooooo . . . and I just got some key chains in, with my art work on them. 
I am doing one last craft show on November 10th, and then having an open house
at my home on November 18th.
I think these key chains will be a lovely addition to all the goodies I have for sale.
I absolutely LOVE seeing my work on products other than canvas.
It's SO exciting for this artists soul!
 
I do believe that's a fairly good summary of this week.
 
Now . . . one more class party, one trick-or-treat day, and then dinner with some dear friends Saturday night (my reward from a couple crazy weeks.) I can't wait.
 
That's all for now, my friends.
 
I do hope you are enjoying your fall and spending some time nurturing your soul. Leave me a message and let me know what you're doing for yourself this season. I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. I love taking a peek into your week friend. your girls are just so darling!! Those witches costumes are sooo fun! And YOU my dear make a GORGEOUS Adele!!:) And I know how much you love her...did you know my Em loves her too??

    Life is crazy here too...but as my kids are nearing the end of living here with me...I CHERISH all the chaos!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

    Happy Halloween sweet friend:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy people always seem find time to fit more into their lives than those who lead quiet ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Adele! You look great. Craziness abounds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!