My Daily Journey on a Fall Day

The other day, my friend Touhy told me that she missed my daily journey posts, and it made me smile.  I was surprised that anyone remembered how I used to write about my favorite road. Having her mention to me how she missed my stories made me want to grab my camera and hop in the car.

So, a few days later, I did just that.

My daily journey . . . has turned into my weekly journey, as I don't travel down my favorite road nearly as often as I used to (when I had a job to drive.) But I do find myself taking this road as often as possible. And just as I expected, my favorite road is changing with the seasons. The last time I wrote about this road was back in July (click here to be reminded). It's funny to read that post now. It was actually 10 days before losing my job. In the post I wrote about the need to breathe, and about how badly I needed to slow down. Funny, isn't it? 10 days after that . . . I was able to SLOW DOWN . . . BIG TIME.

Most of the time I find myself on this road now, I am accompanied by the girls. It kind of loses it's tranquility when hearing two kids arguing over who is playing which DS game, or whether they are going to be able to talk Mom into buying Gomu's for them once we get to Target. But last week, I suggested we play "The Quiet Game" just as I turned onto this road. I love "The Quiet Game", when we see who in the car can remain silent the longest. It was a cheap way to gain some serenity, and I'm all for that.

No deer stepped out to greet us this day. No moments of "Aha". Just a road, lined with trees changing colors and leaves falling down. A road, that welcomed me home. And in those few moments, I took a breath, and smiled.

"Mommy, why are you smiling?" asked Ella . . . who couldn't keep quiet (yes, Ella often loses at "The Quiet Game".)

"Because, honey. Mommy loves this road. It makes me happy," I told her.

"Yeah," she said, "I love this road too, Mommy. And I love you."

She loves me.

And in those few seconds, I was once again reminded of how very blessed I am.

Happy Sunday, my friends. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how our thoughts guide us to our futures - sometimes without us even realizing it? I love the fall colors in the pic - and my son ALWAYS loses at the "quiet game". He refers to himself as, "Mr. Talker!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!