Nothing Gold Can Stay

I am enjoying every single moment of this fall . . . every single second of every single moment. It's amazing how, without the day to day stress of my job, my eyes are wide open and I am able to take in this life of mine. I am blessed. I know it.


We had such a lovely afternoon yesterday, at a nearby nature preserve. For hours we picnicked, we hiked, we explored, and we absorbed the beauty of our surroundings . . . .


Our dear neighbor and friend, Gabby, joined us for the day. Gabby (who is 11) is so good with both Katie and Ella, and they absolutely idolize her. We've known Gabby since she was 18 months old, and she is like a third daughter to me.

I snapped this next photo of the girls as they ventured around after lunch. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw how cool this shot came out. Even though they are getting bigger and bigger each and every day, in this great big world, they are so small,  aren't they? They have so much to do and see in their lives. And I am blessed to be a part of it . . . for each of them.


Nothing Gold Can Stay
by Robert Frost


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Wishing you a wonderful fall day, my friends.

Comments

  1. Oh, Lea...beautiful picture. And such a story in that image. I'm so glad you are able to stop and smell the roses, enjoy each moment now that you don't have that stress of the day-to-day office stuff. Life IS good, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just feel the serenity coming through on these pictures. What a glorius day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crow!
    We've had very uncharacteristic weather for September...like whoa rain and cold...so you would think that our leaves would have changed colour and have fallen.
    Nope.
    Our trees are still green as can be and not many leaves have fallen yet.
    Weird for us canucks eh??

    The pictures are lovely and I want to run through the leaves and kick them like a kid. Yea, I'm mature like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day in the park! Fall has definitely hit your area! Beautiful photos! ~Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are able to really live each moment like that. I'm a SAHM and I can't! I alternate between being lonely (quiet house) and stressed (getting kids, teaching English) and uninspired (can't manage to work out or clean).

    Why can't I draw in every moment like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos leanne...what a blessing to be living fully in the moment...life is good, isn't it??
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!! Just got all caught up on you. I think you are amazing and I think your little business will flourish. Way to take the dream and run with it!! What a beautiful way to spend the day. Thanks so much for the little note. Hilarious..I got it on my phone but couldn't get my password to work to even sign into my blog?! Crazy how I took a small break which led to a HUGE break!! Anyway..I will definitely visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness Leanne, you and I are definitely kindred spirits! I put this poem in a post last year because it is my favorite poem. It has been since I was young. Go back and check out that post on my blog. I think you will like it. These pictures are gorgeous! I love this time of the year! So many colors and a warm feeling of spending time with the people we love. Have a great day my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Leanne here is the link to that post -
    http://mamaslittlechick.blogspot.com/2010/09/stay-gold.html

    It is so great to see you smiling and simply enjoying life! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanne!!! Your blog always makes me so happy. You appreciate the fullness of life and recognize its fleeting nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!