Vacation, anyone?

I don't know where the days are going. Or the hours, for that matter. It feels like fast motion, again. Seems to happen every fall. So many things I want to accomplish by the end of the year, and the clock is ticking. So many things happening each and every day. Life is definitely good, but it's going by so fast. And some days, I need it to slow down.

PG has been home this week, which has been such a bonus. I have gotten so used to him being out of town, that I forgot how good it feels to have him home. After a pretty hectic weekend of parties and visits with family, we had a few hours Monday afternoon of just our family (PG, Me, Katie and Ella), and those few hours did a world of good for my soul.

Monday afternoon, I found myself in our car with my husband and my daughters . . . and realized that there was no place else on this earth where I would have rather been at that very minute. And how there are no other people on this earth who I would have rather been with.

I love this family of mine.

I love the unit that we make up. I love the group that we are.
The family that we are when we are together.
I love it when we are happy, or cranky.
When we are patient and calm, or when we are rushing like crazy.
I just love us being us.
And I love when we are exploring someplace new . . . together.
Even if it's just driving down a street in our town where we have never driven before.
I love being together.

I told PG that I need a vacation. I always feel this way in the fall. And even though we have been all over the country this year, I want to go away again. I feel the need to sit on a beach (or near a pool) and listen to the laughs and shrieks of my daughters as they play in the water. I long to feel the hot sun on my face, as I close my eyes and drift off to that quiet poolside slumber that only a pina colada can bring to me. The thought of seeing this . . . 


Oh, how lovely. Just to soak in this,
for a little while. . . .


Maybe have a sip (or two) of this . . .  


Ah . . .

It would be so nice, wouldn't it?

PG is pretty spontaneous. If I said "ok", he'd have us booked on the next flight out of here, ready to explore a new place. The four of us. Together.

Maybe one of these days . . . soon . . . I might just have to let him do that.

Any place you are dreaming of lately? Leave me a comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. I should be saying I'd love to be sitting on a beach in nice sunny weather....call me crazy, but I'm kinda looking forward to winter and hunkering down staying cozy and warm

    The weather is turning, getting crispy and cool..well down right cold but it's that time of year so I'm embracing it!

    you have a darling family and those girls are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always dreaming of a beach and hearing the children laughing (while my husband is surveying them in the water and I'm dozing on the chair, ha ha). It's true I do love to spend time together as a family. We're going out for the day tomorrow and I feel like I really need that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Disney World in January 2012. We are going there to celebrate Jackson's Graduation from HS!! I am also dreaming of Utah because we have soooo many friends there. And I am dreaming of the Chicago area so I can say hi to you and hug ya' in person:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the beach:O) So i would love anywhere on the East Coast:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i won my case against my employer on Tuesday and when we were walking out I told Shawn "I need to get the eff out of dodge!"....so we are seriously contemplating going somewhere. When? I don't know. A group of our friends planned a trip to Mexico in February and we turned them down since i wasn't working and all....but I'm thinking that we are going to try to go then.
    Just to get away...ahhhhhhhh...

    PS. Shawn is reopening our Po box tonight so I will be able to order from your shop!! SQUUUEEEEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family and that picture is lovely! I wish I could go on a vacation somewhere warm right now. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!