Visions

I've been thinking so much about the whole idea of having a vision lately. How I can see, somewhere in my mind, what I want to do or the art that I want to make. I somehow know the steps I need to take to get to the finished product, starting with the basics and working up to the vision. And while many might question the choices I make along the way, they are often surprised if they just sit back and wait to the end. Because at the end . . . it all works out.

Visions.

I have a lot of them. I remember moving into our house 10 years ago and having a vision for our living room. I knew the color I wanted the walls to be. I knew the art I wanted on the walls. I knew the furniture I wanted to fill it. I actually went and bought the couch without PG, because I was so certain what I wanted. I remember having to talk myself out of the dog house from that one . . . as I had no idea how upset PG would be with me for buying our first home furniture purchase without him. Ah, but he has forgiven me. ;)


Here is a photo of the living room back in 2007. I tried to find a better picture to share with you, but this one was the best I had. Please forgive the holiday decorations and crock pot on the coffee table (patiently waiting to be picked up by a neighbor.)

As you can see, the room is orange.

Well, I like to call it burnt umber with a touch of salmon.

But my mom . . . she calls it orange. And she hated it the minute I painted it.

But me? I had a vision. It was exactly what I wanted. It's actually pretty cool - a dry brush glaze technique. PG and I did it together, and I remember sitting in this empty room on the wood floor, feeling so proud of our accomplishments. We love that room. And my mom? The minute she walked in, she hated it.

Years later, she will hesitantly admit that it is a very welcoming room and that the color is warm and cozy. But I know it takes a great deal for her to admit that. Yep, I still love that room. And now, 10 years later . . . it desperately needs to be repainted. I'm having a hard time doing it, though. The vision of the new room hasn't hit me yet. So, we wait. Until it does.

Because I am having visions of other things lately . . . so many ideas and thoughts surrounding my art. I find myself falling to sleep with ideas on my mind, and waking up at the same exact place, thinking about the same ideas.

At this point in the process, I am seeing my visions come to life . . . and the results are thrilling.

Looking around online tonight, I found this awesome quote I wanted to share . . .

Life is one big road with lots of signs.
So when you riding through the ruts,
don't complicate your mind.
Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.
Don't bury your thoughts,
put your vision to reality.
Wake Up and Live!
 - Bob Marley

Visions.

I love them.

Have any visions lately? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Visions...one step closer to reality. :)

    Thanks for the reminder that without the visions, the dreams are much farther away from reality. Time for me to sit down and think about what I want, and move toward making it happen. It's all about vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot move a vase from one shelf to another without Sir's permission.

    (only slightly kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most days I have sooo many visions I don't know where to begin. But right now I see myself creating and learning and growing. Taking time to focus on my health again, too. Dave and I have committed to helping one another...we have some pounds to get off! I wrote out a vision statement a few days ago...I want to see myself healthier and thinner.

    I think your orange room is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob Marley? Now THAT makes me smile! Have the most fabulous of days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visions? Hmmm.. I can't see the forest for the trees right now... Soon. Soon. ;-) (I do see light trickling through the branches - if that helps?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!