A New Suit

So, I bought a new bathing suit the other day. Yes, I just came back from Puerto Rico a couple weeks ago. And yes, I am buying a new bathing suit now. Sounds a little backwards, doesn't it?


But the truth is I just decided, while visiting Puerto Rico, that I wanted a new suit. Because my old suit is . . . black. Solid black. And boring. And I have to say, not a single person at the resort had a black suit on. Seriously. Not a single person.



My new suit? Not so boring. With only a little black. But primarily robins egg blue and white. Floral. A touch of pizzazz. Just like me.



I've been a Black Bathing Suit beauty for years now. Frankly, because black is supposed to be . . . slimming. Right? But I ask you . . . is black really slimming when worn in the bathing suit form? I mean, size 22 is size 22, no matter what color the bathing suit is, right? And a black bathing suit really doesn't cover all those curves any more than a robins egg blue, white and black floral print one does . . . does it?



So, I've bought a new bathing suit.



I wonder whose idea it was to change swim suits. I mean, I really would have preferred to buy one like this . . .



photo found at www.fashion-era.com
But I couldn't find one that would work for me.



Ah, well.



Look out Summer . . . me and my pizzazzie swim suit are ALL ready for you!!!

Comments

  1. I'm with you Leanne! Hate modern bathing suits... but they are fun compared to squeezing myself into a wet suit, now that is the ultimate reminder of every sausage and potato crisp ever consumed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a very brave thing to do. Yes, you ARE a brave girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I agree - why are there so many "plus size" black suits? I had a heck of a time, years ago, finding something "pretty" and vibrant. In my thinner days - I was in blues, pinks, light greens.. not enough in the (anything above a 10) area. SO glad you were able to find something snazzy - just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie! I have missed you! I bought a new swimsuit recently and so completely understand this post! Let's get our suits on and go out and party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work it girl!!!
    Bathing suit shopping should be illegal. That's why I'm all for nude beaches...kidding...I'm not into nude beaches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!