What a Difference a Year (or two) Makes



Lately, I've been thinking about a past blog post that I wrote. It must have been a couple of years ago. I remember it so vividly. The day that I sat down at the computer and spilled my emotions right there onto the keyboard. I remember the feeling I had . . . emptiness . . . lost . . . unfulfilled . . . alone.

I wrote it back in February of 2010.

You can click here to pull up the original post, if you'd like. Or, I can give you the shortened version of it right now.

My life back in February of 2010 was different than it is today. I was working close to full time for an healthcare auditing company. I was a stressed mom of a 3 year old toddler and 6 year old, juggling most of our family responsibilities while my dearest PG travels so often for his job. And while the latter hasn't changed much . . . everything else has. The name of the post is "Only in My Dreams". In it, I tell the story of a recent visit to the local Michael's Art & Craft Store. I wrote:

"While I was there, I found myself drawn to the paint aisle.
Years ago, I was an artist. An artist with oil paints, that is.
I used to CREATE paintings . . . but it has been years
since I have picked up a paint brush."

I wrote that it had been years since I picked up a paint brush. I can't even believe it. Even then, back in February of 2010, my soul was calling for it. I went on to further write:

"Isn't it funny how we forget to look into ourselves?
To look at what our soul really longs for and what will fill our spirit?"

My friends, I am so glad that I finally looked into myself and found my spirit.

What's most interesting, is that it has never really left me. It was still around me . . .  I just wasn't listening to it. But now, I'm on a new adventure. Oh, and the colors on this adventure . . . they are wonderful.

Thank you for going on this journey with me.

Comments

  1. I love this, Leanne!! Isn't it fun to go back and see how far we have come??

    Love to you and keep on paintiing and following those dreams of yours!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you just weren't listening to it. Some times the most simplest thing it to just stop and listen to what our souls need and want...so glad and happy for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW you're talkin'! And isn't it a beautiful thing that so many blog followers remind you to listen up and follow those dreams!

    My dear sweet friend, I am so proud of what's happened in your life these last two years! And you've only just begun! (cue music).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased that you are feeling much happier about life's great adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!