"The Big One" and why I need new underwear

I had a pounding headache last night. One of those, “I need to go and lay down” sort of headaches. Don’t worry – I can’t even remember when I had one of these before and I am feeling tons better today. I think it was a combination of not drinking enough water during the day and the whole sinus/weather goofy/allergy crazy pounding head kind of day, you know?

So, after dinner, I told PG I had to lay down. I felt if I tried to keep functioning and doing things around the house, my brain would have exploded. That’s never a good thing.

So, I found my way to the bed and rested my head.

I think I’ve watched too many episodes of ER. That, or Greys Anatomy. Whatever the case – I was certain that it was “the big one.” You know, the Fred Sanford “I’m coming Elizabeth!” one. So, as I lay on my bed and could practically feel the gunk in my sinuses move from one side of my brain to the other, a good ol’fashioned “Random Thinking Moment” started and I began to think about what I would do if it really were “the big one.” Well, not so much what I would do . . . because I would pretty much be with the Big Guy upstairs. So, I guess it wouldn’t really matter for me. But what would PG do?

Then it hit me . . . Oh, dear Lord, I really need to get some new underwear.

Because if “the big one” hit me right now, and let’s say PG was too distraught to get my underwear for the undertaker, then my sister or my Mom would have to come over and help him get my underwear. And Lordy, if they saw the underwear I have been wearing (the underwear that is probably older than Ella and has been washed so many times that you could probably hold it up to the light and see right through it . . . and not in the sexy “see right through it lingerie” kind of way) . . . well, they would be appalled. Worse yet, what if PG did have to pick out my underwear . . . he might grab just any old pair. Or that pair that I keep in the drawer just because I like the pattern on it – but it’s so darn uncomfortable and always gets caught in the places where you just don’t want your undies caught. I mean, do I really need to spend the rest of my days with underwear in places I don’t want it? Why do I keep that pair, anyway? I need to get rid of it.

Come to think of it, I better clean out the whole underwear drawer. And not just that drawer – all of my drawers. Because they really are a disorganized mess and it’s a wonder that I am able to find anything in them. Yes, if it was “the big one” and my sister or my Mom had to come and get something out of my drawers, they would be appalled. So, it really wouldn’t be a good day for “the big one” because I have to clean out my bedroom drawers first, and go buy some new underwear.

What about my junk drawer in the kitchen? I mean, it’s a junk drawer. It’s meant to have junk in it, right? But every single time PG tries to look for something in the junk drawer, he has a mini-tantrum because nothing is easy to find, and I end up going over there and helping him find whatever it is that he needed (which usually is right on top, but men tend to have that “I can’t see it” mentality and can never find what is right there.) So, I really need to tidy that up a bit too, before “the big one” hits. Oh, and then there is the laundry room – my catch all. I have more craft supplies stacked up in plastic bins in there than you could even imagine. I suppose I should try and get that in order, before “the big one” hits. I mean, I have a bunch of notebooks and paints and craft kits in there that I hold on to for a rainy day and I don’t want PG to go out buying all this stuff that we already have, so I really need to get that together.

Hmmm . . come to think of it, I have 4 baskets of newly washed, dried and folded laundry that needs to be put away. Lord knows PG doesn’t have a clue where clean clothes are supposed to go. So, I had better get that done before “the big one” hits. Oh, and I never did finish cleaning out the girls closets and drawers for the season. Yep, I have to get that finished.

Oh, dear. We are supposed to go to a graduation party today, and I forgot to buy a card. I suppose if it is “the big one”, then PG probably won’t take the girls to the party. I’d imagine they’ll probably stay home and just think of me. I would like them to go. But I forgot the card – so I’ll have to somehow send a message to him that he needs to pick up a card – and stop at the cash station to put some money in the card (because he would probably forget to do that). Oh, dear. Yes. I have so much to do.

After about ½ hour of “resting” . . . I decided to get up. I couldn’t take much more "resting". And actually – my head was feeling a little bit better. So I went downstairs and drank a tall glass of water, and realized that it wasn’t “the big one”.

Ah . . .

I’m so glad. I didn’t feel like cleaning out my underwear drawer last night, anyway.

How about you . . . any drawers you need to clean out before it? Leave me a comment and let me know . . .

Comments

  1. HA!!!! I MISS your stories and random thoughts. Can't talk much now though- MUST go buy some new bras and panties just in
    case ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up over here! I am so glad that I am not the only one that lies in bed and has such totally random thoughts that lead to a million other totally random thoughts! I would have had to get up and work on the underwear drawer thou..I'm obsessive once I start thinking of stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Lady Bloggers and can totally relate. My underwear drawer would be on the list. I look at it every morning and think 'you will never fit into those again', 'you'll never need those again' and 'should you really be sentimental about underwear?'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My downfall is closets.

    And I'm not even gonna comment on the whole panties thing. Had a long reply typed out and realized that it was just yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a giggle. I always think - what if they couldn't lift the casket because it was too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Leanne! You are too funny... imaging such scenarios and worrying that your underwear drawer is out of date :-) I can understand though!
    Just glad you're feeling better now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, I was getting stressed just from reading about the worries.hahahaha..

    Okay.. end of the day - go underwear shopping, but as for the rest- surrender to the mess... let it goooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is so hysterical!! i can relate about the underwear..too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, sooooo funny! No wonder you had a headache...there was a lot of stuff in there that needed to get out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol!!! Im soo glad Im not the only one who thinks like this!!! Mine is everyday and when Im really feeling bad I start thinking of my toes and do they look good bc what if the ambulance attendants and nurses and docs and visitors see my ugly not painted toes!! Yikes Yea Im always thinking what I need to do in case:O) whew Thanks for the laugh:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!