One Mans Junk is Another Mans . . . Junk **UPDATE**


Found from Google image search.
 'Tis the season, my friends, for our annual neighborhood garage sale!!!

It's amazing to me how year after year I plan, with great anticipation, for this day. Not that I am trying to make a lot of money . . . but it's the whole purging and simplifying part that goes with it that I enjoy.

Yet when the weekend comes, I lose my steam. I'm ready to give up the thought of looking through another box in our basement, and long for it all to be over.

It's Garage Sale Time!

It seems every year we have one or two items (usually larger furniture pieces) that we are focused on really getting rid of. Usually it's because of their large size and our lack of energy in transporting them to Goodwill that brings out that major "car salesman" role in me. If someone can take it off our hands and find a good use for it - the AMEN! And if you can't take it off our hands . . . stick with me and I'll have you thinking you CAN in no time at all!

This year is no exception. I actually have 2 items I am really focused on selling this year - one is our old kitchen set and the other is our even older big screen (not flat screen) television set. It's 49 inches, or something like that, and is about the size of the back of our mini-van. And I would LOVE to have someone come into my garage and just HAVE to HAVE both of these items.

Interested?

I didn't think so.

So, just a quick post today to tell you what we were up to the next two days. Wish us luck . . . and if you know anyone in need of an extra large television . . . let me know! ;)

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!

9:45 AM UPDATE:
THE T.V. SOLD!!! At $50 bucks . . . IT WAS A STEAL!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!

Comments

  1. Kudos to you for attempting a garage sale! I've never been able to motivate myself enough. Plus, as one friend so *kindly* told me - we have nothing anyone else wants. I think he meant tools, tools, and other manly things such as tools. All we have are bags upon bags of outgrown girls' clothes. :-)
    Hope it goes well and you're able to see your giant tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Leanne...hope you get to "purge" yourself of thse TVs! We're planning on doing a carboot sale this summer...similar concept, you pitch up in a field (organised event) and unload your car boot. Means we're limited to things that fit in our rather small car though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I've tagged you on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing feels better than when people haul off a large item that you don't want anymore! (Husbands excluded--well, maybe!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good to do a yard sale. I don't have the patience for it. When it's spring cleaning time I send everything to the Goodwill and call it..good!

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having a garage sale in July!!! Can't wait to get rid of all my JUNK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What??? Wait a minute... you provided a blog update at 9:45 a.m.????? While I was trying to sell your kitchen table???? You did not tell me you snuck downstairs to your basement computer to provide an update! You sneaky thing!!! I love it! Still I will continue to try to sell your kitchen table tomorrow, at Day #2 of the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha - I love Laura's post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, you've inspired me. I have been thinking of having another garage sale toward the end of summer. The last one was not fun, especially since I was sitting there with the flu, my head resting on the cool brick in the shade of my front porch! Isn't it amazing what people will buy? We had a ton of clothes no one would touch, but all the little "junky" glass items and kitchen things went in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The TV sales makes the whole thing a success, in my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!