The Sights of Summer

I know that the season doesn't officially start for a couple of weeks, but we are well in summer mode in our home. Ella completed her first year at pre-school last week, and tomorrow will be Katie's last day of 2nd grade. I can't believe how fast the year is going. Usually when June hits, I start to think . . . a little . . . about the Christmas Holiday (gasp! How DARE I even think such a thing!). I usually start to plan out gifts I wish to make and special things I want to prepare for.

But so far . . . Christmas is the farthest from my mind (thank goodness, huh?)

Here are just a few of the sights of our June, so far . . .
POOL TIME!  Yes, 'tis the season. And lucky for me, on Sunday my pool boy (aka: PG, aka: Phil, aka: the hubby) returned from a business trip and was all ready to set up our pool. Now, don't let this picture fool you . . . we don't have a very extravagant pool set up. Wait . . . it is extravagant, now that I think about it. 
Yep. That's our little blow-up piece of pool heaven! I know, it's sad. But, it's ours. It's cheap (wahoo!), and it's big enough for our family, but not so big that all the neighbors want to swim in it! ;) By the way . . . check out that lawn . . . pretty lovely, don't you think? I'm only braggin' because if you remember my posts last summer (click here to be reminded), I am not much of a lawn and garden sort of girl. But I have actually been doing much of the mowing this year so far, as PG has had lots of out of town work. And I think it looks like a plush green carpet . . . don't you?

Next, I have to share our three rose bushes . . . because they are just gorgeous . . .
It's like the clouds opened up and the Rose Gods sprinkle magic dust on them. Gorgeous.

So, as of tomorrow at 11:05 AM (when Katie's bus arrives to return all the kids back to their homes), SUMMER will begin in our home!!! I'm looking forward to a lot of reading, swimming, bbq's and back yard fun with family and friends this summer.

Oh, one more photo to share with you . . . taken just about 30 minutes ago. The girls picked out a very special birthday present for me this year, one that would encourage a great deal of relaxation. And they borrowed it this evening . . .
They wanted to enjoy some relaxing time of their own . . . in my two pool loungers. Aren't they fantastic? I laughed so hard when I opened the box . . . I didn't even know if they would fit IN the pool! But PG blew them up tonight, and the girls hopped right on them and immediately decided to practice some meditation while floating in the pool. Too cute! I can't wait for the next free moment I have when I can try one out myself (and I am grateful, for the sake of my neighbors, that we have a 6' fence!)

Have a wonderful Summer, my friends!!! (What are you looking forward to?)

Comments

  1. Soul Restoration 2, Color of Summer on Kristin's blog, creating, a few trips with the fam, late night movies and just having fun!!!!!!

    Gotta laugh...I was "trying on" new blog backgrounds today and this one went on for just a bit...LOL! I finally decided on the one I have now...go see:)

    I am off to Girl's Camp this week...still have a few posts scheduled to run. See you later, friend.

    Oh, btw...magnificent roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that pool looks heavenly and those girls, they sure know how to live it up!!

    Your yard looks fantastic and your roses, wow, breathtaking!!

    Now Leanne you're going to have to stop by sometime, I'm missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pool look inviting!!! And youve done a great job with th flowers and yard:O) Love those foating seats:O) Im sooo looking forward to not having to drive 50 million times in the morning that when im done dropping them all off at school i feel like ive been on a long road trip and ready for a nap!!!:O) Have a great Summer:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family has the same pool! We pretty much live in it all summer - my mom definitely sits out on her floaty raft for hours even though it isn't all that big! I think it's perfect, big enough to be cool and comfortable without being excessive. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a relaxing retreat! And I love your rose bushes - a lovely sight to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of the girls on the floating things (and you thought only ONE would fit in the pool!) The next photo I think you should post is one of YOU meditating in the floaty chair with a cool refreshing beverage in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture is just too much! I love it! PS - I am a loser and have not mailed you the bday gift yet. I PROMISE I WILL. Lazy.. lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Leanne...those roses!!!!! I'm so jealous!!
    And the girls practically meditating in their pool! LOVE it.
    And the grass is a carpet that MY PG would be jealous of!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pool time indeed! We have a public pool adjacent to our home and it opened up a week ago!

    OMG, your roses are absolutely beautiful, and I love that photo, it looks like the bushes make a heart shaped array of splendor!

    Hope you are doing well...Hugs~M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Leanne, this is CT. I loved the photos of the girls in the pool, but I only have one question: Where is Uncle's chair? Looking forward to spending summer days in your pool! CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so got a huge smile on my face when I saw the last picture. They both take their lounging very seriously! And those floats take up nearly all the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had a pool! (And a pool boy, of course). I never realized how lucky I was to have a pool growing up...and a dad that took care of it all. Your yard is lovely, a reflection of you - beautiful, welcoming, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your backyard looks like a little piece of heaven. The pool does kill your gorgeous lawn in that area, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!