Bah-Humbug

 
Image from Disney's
"A Christmas Carol"
starring Jim Carrey
Feeling a little . . . blah today.
Feeling tired.
Unmotivated.
Uncertain.
Feeling like Ebenezer himself gobbled up my cheery soul. 

BAH-HUMBUG!

I think it's from lack of sleep. While we had a rather exciting weekend (which I shared with you on yesterdays "Magnificent Monday Vlog"), I spent two days last week caring for little Ella, who came down with a 24 bug, and was once again woken at 2:30am THIS morning by Katie, who seems to fighting a bug of her own now.

I'm going on with about 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep right now. Oh, lack of sleep is a terrible thing.

And with that, comes feelings of poopiness.

Those of you who know me, know that I am just about the cheeriest person this time of year. I am usually glowing with Christmas Spirit and fill most of my December days with the jolliest of activities. For the past three years, I have captured all of these holly-jolly moments with the most loveliest of December Daily scrapbooks . . .


But this year, I didn't do a December Daily. Maybe that's it . . . maybe the absence of this December Daily book has left a void for cheery activities. Hmmmm . . .

I'm surprised now, the 13th of December, that I didn't do a book this year. I would think that because I am not working right now, I might have been more inclined to make a book. But I guess I just didn't have it in me. Hmmmm . . .

Maybe I need to focus on the magic of the season. Those little pieces of whimsicalness that is all over the house. Play some music and listen to the songs that warm the heart and remind me of happy times. Hmmmm . . .


Or perhaps I need to remember what it is really all about.


Yes, that's it. I think I have forgotten, and found myself a little caught up in drama of . . . nothing.

So, here's to remembering why we are celebrating this time of year.

And here's to hoping Scrooge finds another spirit to crush.
I want to get my "merry" on, Mr. Scrooge.

Wishing you Peace.

Comments

  1. I'm trying to get in the spirit. It's been hard this year. But I'm trying. I find it in my son's smile.
    Everyone gets in the dumps every once in a while. It just makes it 10x's worse during Christmas because you're expected to be happier than a unicorn farting glitter while jumping over a magical rainbow.
    Just breathe. one step at a time. It'll come.

    xoxp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace and Happiness to you as well Leanne. It is our first Christmas without my Mum so finding it hard to get really into the spirit of Christmas, but I will when I see our girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm just catching up on my blog reading and I just viewed your vlog from yesterday. I'd say you have more Christmas spirit around you than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been one busy workin' mama! It can be hard to do all the things we want to around the holidays. I hope you have a peaceful weekend filled with Christmas cheer my friend! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way,
    I have been feeling rather tired myself lately. We just need to take a deep breath, regroup, prioritize and simply exhale. Make yourself a nice hot cup of coffee or hot cocoa and take a few minutes to just "be". :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are so pretty. Lack of sleep does suck the joy away, but you might also just be flowing all your creativity into your business so you have a little less for your personal life. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!