The Happiness Telegram

On Sunday, I shared my "I will . . . List" with you. The very "I will . . . List" that would soon become the outline of the next 12 months of my life, and probably many months thereafter.

I will . . .

Right now, I'm feeling like I'm moving in slow motion.

An opportunity has surfaced since that very post, that would change my "I will . . . List"

And I feel like I'm moving in slow motion right now until some sort of sign from the Big Guy upstairs comes my way, telling me what I should do. It would be so great if life happened that way, wouldn't it? If a simple telegram would arrive from Mr. G (that would be God, of course) telling me:

   I understand you need guidance STOP My office is instructed to wire you all the guidance you need this very minute STOP Hee-haw and Merry Christmas STOP Mister G

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful to receive a telegram like that?

STOP

But, alas, that only happens in the movies.

A possible employment opportunity is the in the air right now. Back in healthcare. The "where?" and "what?" doesn't even matter. What matters, is that I might have to put my art on hold. I would hope not for long. But for a while, until I get a handle on everything.

This has me confused.

Am I running?

Or am I being responsible to my family and our future?

Am I giving up too soon?

Or am I just taking a different route right now?

I've worked so very hard the past few months. I've followed my dreams. My soul has grown, and my dreams are even bigger. But I am so far from them. Am I just afraid?

Again, it's just a possibility. But with this possibility comes the questions. And ah, the questions that have been playing in my mind have me spinning. The answers? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, PG is officially on vacation . . . and I am THRILLED. He will be HOME (not only IN TOWN . . . but HOME!!!) for the next 10 days, or so. And my girls will be home and off of school. I intend to spend these next 10 days with the people who mean the very most to me, and I can't wait.

Everything else will work itself it. I've always felt that what will be . . . will be. And if my life is meant to take a different turn right now, then that is just what it is meant to do.

While cleaning up the photos on my cell phone this evening, I found a picture I took in a local art/craft store months ago. I stared at it for a long time tonight. Months ago, I knew what mattered. And tonight, while reading it over and over, I reminded myself. Whatever path I take, I will count my blessings along the way, and choose HAPPINESS. That's what my story is all about.

That's it.

That's everything.

Wishing you a wonderful day, my friends.

And, as always, Peace.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme work backwards on my response. This sign, the one on your cell phone for months, has showed up 4 times in the last week in my path. 4 times. Talk about the Universe telling me something. My jaw dropped when I scrolled down and saw it.

    YEAAAA that PG is home for the holidays. Lemme know what day he's fixin' waffles. I'll be over!!

    The job opportunity: Find some quiet time, think about both sides (write it down if you have to) and figure out which one gives you the tummy ache when you think of it. Don't go with that one. Yep, I know that's simplistic, but it's all I got at the moment. All I'm saying is don't let guilt guide you. Because if you do, resentment follows. And that doesn't make for happiness, does it.
    HUGS....BIG, BIG HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is home for 10 days too so I know the feeling.

    When I was unsure about a job, I made a very difficult prayer list (because I didn't want the job actually). I prayed that in the interview the boss would offer to put me through school without me even bringing it up. I prayed that they would offer me a certain sum. And I prayed they would offer it to me on a specific day.

    Except for the fact that they offered me $2000 less (and I turned it down, which led them to call me the next day with the figure I wanted), every prayer came true so I KNEW it was what I was supposed to do. It ended up being the best decision, not just for that moment but even had positive consequences years later.

    But I told God that if he didn't answer my prayers I wasn't going to take it, so if he wanted me to have it I needed him to make it clear.

    Good luck deciding (and having faith). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same opportunity come to me too. It's in my old field (corporate training), but full-time, so my art and blog would definitely be put on the back burner. I HAD to apply for it though, because I've been begging for a job in the last 6 months. To me, a job in my field was the sign. And sometimes taking a direction we don't think we want to take, turns out to be the best way to go. Because no matter what we do, we don't know the outcome. Blessings to you, whatever decision you make! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Leanne...when I come to these times in my life I rely on my Father in Heaven. I pray and pray and pray. I make lists like Peggy said. I take stock of my goals again. I see what's really needed in my life right now. If it feels good in your gut then you do that!!

    I appreciate your friendship so much. Your kind words over the past few weeks have meant so much to me.

    I will get your notebooks and your surprise out after the holidays!!

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Peggy - let your gut lead the way. It's your inner voice, your intuition...

    But remember this - above all things - what is it that you want to be defined by? You art work or an income? What makes your soul sing? What makes it fun to get up in the morning? What makes you proud? Also... Which one scares you the most and why? Sometimes fear is the BEST motivator to do it. I think fear sends me a signal - it's time to challenge myself.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!