A Moment, and a Winner!!!!

Oh, dear. Oh, me. Oh, my. I had a moment.

You know. An ugly Mom moment.

And while I'm sure that Halloween passed us by well over a month ago, I swear my head spun around and some green stuff flew out of my mouth.

What brought it on?

My children, of course. Well, not them . . . directly. More like, their actions. Well, not their actions . . . directly. More like, the mess they left in the basement. And the family room. And the living room. Oh, and the hall way. Yep. They were everywhere. And I could tell, you see, from the mess.

I love these children. I really do.
But 30 minutes before three mothers from the "Room Mom" group were expected at our home, I lost my cool. Yep, I did.

Then, I had an epiphany. A realization, you see. That . . . I am not perfect. Who cares if the house wasn't "perfect". I am NOT perfect.
Nope. I'm not.

I'm actually far from it.

My house? Nope. It's not perfect, either. And it's ok. All of it.

Because I am me. Like me . . . for me . . . and not for my house. Right? I'd rather be the me that I am . . . than the perfect person I am not.

Does that make sense?

As soon as my ugly Mom moment passed, I hugged the very children who left those messes in all of those rooms. I apologized for the head spinning, and we all promised to try and put things away when we are done playing with them. And my day continued . . . minus the ugly Mom. Katie and I agreed that the best part of being a family is knowing that you can have "ugly" moments . . . but still love each other with all of your heart.

Ugly Mom moments are sometimes the best moments of the day. Really.

Oh, and the winner of the Cardinal Pendant give away?????? (You thought I forgot, didn't you????)

Yes, I referred to my trusty "print out the comments, fold them up, and let Ella draw the winner" process. And the lucky owner of my new Cardinal Pendant is none other than adorable and beloved . . .


Oh, my dearest Yenta Mary from Food Floozie (check out her blog . . . it's deliciously delightful, all of the time!) Mary and I have been the bestest of blog buddies for years now, and never have I drawn her name during my give-aways! I squealed with delight when I saw that Mary would be the owner of my Cardinal Pendant!!! Oh, love!

Mary, please email your mailing address to me at chaostohappiness@gmail.com, and I'll gladly ship your new Cardinal pendant as soon as possible!!!!

Stay tuned, everyone, for another give-away next week!!!!
Nope . . . the holiday goodies aren't over yet!!!

And here's hoping your "Ugly Moments" bring out the very best in you! 

Wishing you peace, my dear friends!!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Yenta Mary!!! You're gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo happy Yenta Mary won!! She deserves it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!