Word of the Year: 2012 Edition

We're getting close, my friends. Time to look ahead to the New Year with one word. Yes, I'm talking about that Word of the Year! I'm thinking about it again. Wondering what my focus is going to be for 2012. The idea originates from Scrapbook extraordinaire Ali Edwards, who reminds us that, "One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities."

In 2008, I wanted Peace. I looked hard for it. I took deep breaths often throughout my days, and I found it. I meditated. I prayed. I tried to live with Peace in my heart, and put peaceful energy into relationships that needed it. It was a wonderful word for that year.

In 2009, I sought Balance. I needed it, bad. With a husband whose job required him to travel more and more, I felt like I was drowning between home and my own work, between being a Mom and being Me. I needed it to stop. I needed to focus. I needed balance. I said “no” to more things, and I said “yes” to things that brought something good to my life. It was a wonderful word for that year.

In 2010, I yearned to Create. The inner artist in me was starving for attention, and it was time I returned to my roots. I photographed, cooked, painted, scrapbooked, baked . . . I even gardened (which is the true sense of ‘creating’, don’t you think?) It was a wonderful word for that year.

In 2011, I chose to Believe. I wanted to believe in the things that were important. Believe in the dreams. Believe in today. Believe in tomorrow. Believe in You. Believe in Me. Who would have known that 2011 was going to present itself with so MANY opportunities for me to BELIEVE. Losing my job, starting my creative art business . . . so much I needed to BELIEVE in. Yes, I do believe that word picked me long before I picked it.

And here we are, days away from 2012. An opportunity to start anew.

I'm a little nervous for the New Year. Excited, but nervous. I've been given some opportunities, but I've decided to keep moving forward in my current direction. I'm not giving up. I believe in my art; in my character, in all that I have inside of me. But I need something to help me get through this time. With that, I share my word of 2012 with you.

cour·age 
1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger,
pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
2. Obsolete . the heart as the source of emotion.

I love it.

Already.

It's me.

It's exactly what I need right now.

It's exactly what I am feeling.

It is going to stay with me all year long . . . .

and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

What is your word?  Have you thought of it yet? Do think of it. I promise . . . it will be with you all year long, during your hardest days. Leave me a message with your word for 2012, or write a blog post and share a link with us. I'd love to know what you are focused on.

Much Peace, friends . . . and courage.

Comments

  1. I am thrilled for you in the New Year. What a wonderful word for you. You are one of the most courageous people I know and your New Year will be filled with wonderful things for you and your family. I just know it.

    Congratulations on your decision. The courage to set out in your own business and keep moving forward with your dream is amazing to me. I wish you only continued love, support and happiness in the future year. You will move mountains Lee. You are an inspiration to me and many others.

    My word for 2012 is Renew. Renew my faith, my mind, my heart, my spirit. This word makes me peaceful.

    Spray of sunshine my friend.. And here's to an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I want to remember of 2011 is one word.
    Survived.
    I want to run as fast as I can from it.
    I hope that 2012 brings you many blessings.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post:O) I think my word pretty much stays the same Peace,within myself, people around me its my favorite word:O) Happy New Year look forward to another great year of reading your Blog:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! How perfect is that word???

    Okay.. today I will brainstorm my woty!! Hmmm....

    Sooo many things I need to accomplish.. time to let the soul do the talking.

    PS - I did not want to say what I thought you should do.. but let's just say it is exactly what you chose - keep creating, it is what makes your heart sing and your soul soar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have had my word picked for a couple of weeks, but still trying to express it adequately; I'm aiming for it to go up on Monday. I love yours - LOVE IT!!! It's ideal, as though this one chose you just as "Believe" did. You believed that the universe would take care of you, that you had the gifts and talents to soar ... and look where you've flown to! Keep believing, show your courage, shine as only you can ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!! Love your word. Perfect timing for it to show up, IMHO.

    Mine is Truth. I posted about it here: http://smallsteps2giantleaps.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-little-word-for-2012.html.

    I'm looking forward to all that 2012 brings. It's gonna be a great year, Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just remember Lee - courage is not the absence of fear - it is do something despite the fear. Great word - and great decision. Be brave my friend, be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great word! It's high on my list too, but still deciding. I saw this necklace today where you can wear your word all year, http://therustedchain.bigcartel.com/product/word-of-the-year-necklace. Such a simple and pretty reminder. Thanks for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your word for 2012. Courage. Yes, you are a Brave GIrl.

    My word for 2012 is Balance

    ~ When I am in Balance ~
    I feel deeply connected to my soul and what really matters.

    Hugs to you for a beautiful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courage is an excellent word! Mine is CONNECT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!