The Return of Me

I'm finding myself again. Little by little, small pieces of me are coming back. Finally.

I've been gone for a while. A few weeks, at least. Burned out. Unplugged. Drained. Every ounce of energy that once was mine had left me. I felt it. In my very soul. But, this very day . . . I feel it coming back. I threw myself into my business and my art the past few months . . . and took little time, if any, to slow down and breathe. It caught up with me. Periods of total exhaustion and emotional emptiness took over. And I shut down. This past week, I found our couch . . . and that, along with some wonderful movies (It's a Wonderful Life, The Bishops Wife, Sherlock Holmes, Gypsy, and Little Women) have pulled me away from all of the worry and the over analyzing.

God Bless my PG, he has been picking up in my mental and physical absence; doing laundry, washing dishes, parenting, everything. I'm not totally sure he understands what has been going on in my mind, but I sure am grateful he has been here. I am blessed. I know it.

Today, I'm feeling that little spark. I feel hope. I feel courage. Funny . . . it's not even 2012 yet (I didn't quite expect the "COURAGE" yet. I'm glad it's here, though.)

We went for Chinese food on Christmas Eve. It was the first time (ever) that we didn't gather at a family members house, as we decided to play it really low key this year. By Christmas Eve, I had already decided to keep forging ahead on my quest to live a creative life. And while the guilt of not working and bringing a steady income into our lives had me worried, I could not have been more thrilled when dinner was over and I opened my fortune cookie. You see, sometimes a simple little fortune cookie can let you know that you are on the right path . . .
The universe is on my side, don't you think?

So, today I find myself sitting at the kitchen table . . . with a stack of inspiration . . . filling my soul . . . feeling better. Feeling more focused than I have in weeks. Feeling like my creative mojo is slowly returning.

These books do it for me. And those three photos of me were taken during my time at The Creative Connection Event last September . . . when I started my journey. I am happy in them. 100% happy. I want to remember that feeling, and love to look at those photos.

I also pulled out the "brave girl" journal that I made during that event.


Did I ever tell you about this book? I took a class with Brave Girl Melody Ross herself, and put together this magnificent soul journal. I had almost forgotten about it, and probably haven't picked it up in months. But today . . . I opened it up and found myself returning to those very feelings I had . . . the courage . . . it's all right there.


This book will be by my side in 2012 . . . it tells me everything my soul needs to hear.

I love this feeling I have today. The renewed spirit. The energy that is slowly returning. It's a good way to start the New Year, don't you think?

How about you? How are you feeling? Leave me a comment and let me know. I'd love to hear from you.

Wishing you Peace and Courage, my friend.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you have recharged a bit---- super important and often we wait until the flame has all but extinguished. Keep refilling, refueling--- finding that which brings you peace. I'll be going through my Brave Girl journal when the house empties out, maybe putter in it a bit. With a nap and something warm. HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you become the next Kelly Rae, and when people say you became an overnight sensation, we will remind them of the dark times you had and how you worked your way out, as all artists do! I'm loving how your statements in your BG journal are SO spot-on.
    AND I love how courage shows up as soon as you open the door for it to come in.
    You are inspiring, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are simply amazing.
    I'm sorry to hear that a funk stole your inner thunder but you just proved that you're stronger than it.
    Go you.
    We are all here cheering you on!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been struggling with myself these days as we usher in the New Year. I've been having issues about family and life in general. I read your blog at 2am and had been struck by the words on your soul journal. I guess I need to make my own soul journal this 2012 to remind myself of things that matter when I am down low. For the meantime, I shall be drawing courage and inspiration from your blog and would just want you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we just get a little tired. We MUST take time for ourselves. We can't be on all the time. I'm glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, you and I have been on similar paths lately...I, too was just worn out. We have been through a lot her with shutting down a business and all...and all this week I have been hard on myself. DUH! We shut down a business...I am allowed a little mourning time!

    Today is a new day! I am ready to pursue my dreams again. I will be here for you, friend!!

    Your soul book is amazing. I love mine!! (We did something like this in her soul class on-line).

    Happy 2012!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we just need time for ourselves. Time to renew and time to reflect. Time to envision what we need to move forward. I’m glad you are feeling a spark of energy.

    I love your soul journal. It is beautiful and very meaning. I Took soul restoration 1 and loved it. I am signing cup for Body restoration (which I am so looking forward to), and will do the mother’s daughter with my 11 year and my mom.

    Take time for what is calling you ,,, and leave behind what is not.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me and amaze me. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!