A box full of Dreams

I'm working so hard at getting products ordered and in, and getting my shop up as soon as I can.

Each day this week, the doorbell rings and I run as quickly as I can to see what goodies have arrived. The packages all look so unsuspecting from the outside. A man driving a simple brown truck, wearing a simple brown uniform, delivers a simple brown box, full of my dreams.

They have no idea, you know? The brown truck people. Or the people who are printing off my order at their computer somewhere far away. Or the people who print my art, and cut the paper from which it is printed on. Or the people putting my art into their boxes. Or the people sticking the label on the box. They have no idea that they are mailing me my dreams.

My heart practically stops as I carry the box to my kitchen table. I can't even wait to bring it downstairs to my studio . . . I have to open it as soon as it's in my hands. And the unwrapping begins.

I'm nervous. I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm holding my breath and I don't even know it. 

Then . . . I see my vision . . . as it comes to life . . . 

I did that.

Me.

I painted it. I wrote it. I scanned it. I illustrated it. I added the letters and cropped the words. Me. My art.

It's fragile, you know:?

And those people who are helping me . . . they have no idea how much I appreciate that they notice.

Because, these are my dreams, friends.


And dreams are so very fragile.

Don't you think?




Comments

  1. One of my fave posts ever, Leanne. So well said!! I love your beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAAAAA!!! Anticipation grew as I read each word!! I can't wait to see what shows up in your Etsy shop this time!

    I love how you spill your emotions onto this post. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and Love all the goodies you recieved:O) If you dont mind me asking do you use aprinting company in town?~ Have an awesome day:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can just picture your excitement. Squeee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to shout for joy. Beautiful. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful - truly, yes, all of these strangers are mailing you your dreams, supporting them, encouraging them, contributing to them, helping you to achieve them ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful artwork and I love the positive sayings - congratulations on that box of dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!