My Rainbow Connection

Well . . . whaddya know . . . I'm pretty happy. If you look at my most recent art created this very week, you'll know what I mean. Because my most recent work is full of bright, vivid colors and mega-inspiring words. Yep, happy.


And I think it's pretty accurate.

I remember a time back in college when I wasn't so happy. I was involved in theater (yes, one of those drama people) and an art major (double whammie artist), and I was trying to figure out who I wanted to be in this world. Oh, and I wore black. A lot. I remember working on a painting during that time that was full of black (although, there may have been dark red dripping down at a few places here or there.) The subject of the painting was me kneeling on a stage. And while you can't really make out my face on the picture, I knew the figure was to symbolize me. It was one of the most struggling times of my life, when I wanted so very badly to follow a career in theater, yet didn't feel very supported in this love of the arts the I had. So, I painted how I felt at that moment. Sad. Alone. Dark.

Oh, I've come a long way.

I'm feeling good this week. Like a big ol'wind came by and finally blew the black cloud that's been hanging around over my head the past few months far far away. And I'm focused on me again. Not only the me me, but the business me.

I'm creating. I'm ordering mat board and jewelry findings and bookmarks and getting ready to open Etsy again. I'm designing. I'm painting. I'm dreaming. I've got big plans. And I'm feeling good . . . like I can make my dreams come true. Yep . . . I'm feeling energized!

It's good.

Have I ever told you how much I love color? I'm sure at some point I did. But if you check out my Pinterest Board called "Inspiration", you can see that I clearly am inspired by color . . .

Snapshot of my own pinterest page. For information on any of the pictures you see, please follow me on Pinterest  by clicking the red Pinterest Link on the RIGHT SIDEBAR of my blog . . . then go to my "Inspiration" pinboard. If you don't know about Pinterest . . . YOU SHOULD!! It's WONDERFULLY inspiring!!!
Yes, these are the things that inspire me and make me happy. So, I finally decided to embrace the colors and use them in my own art. And I'm loving it.


I think a great deal of it has to do with this class I am taking right now . . . Hello Soul! Hello Business! Taught by the amazing Kelly Rae Roberts and Beth Nichols, the whole premise of the course is to look at your business in a different light. Through their help, you will begin to treat your business as so much more than just a 'business' and with that will come passion, soul and success. Pretty brilliant, don't you think? I'm learning SO MUCH about myself, my passion, my life . . . it's exhausting and exhilarating, all at the same time.

So, just a little creative update for you, my dear friends. I'm wishing you a Rainbow of colors . . . where ever you are! Peace


Comments

  1. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! This is gonna be a helluva spring via Etsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcom back my super creative friend. If I remember correctly, a lot of us wore black in college. It is good to see you in color and I am really looking forward to seeing your creations on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the vibrant life you put into these!!
    and yay for making a pin board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the class you are taking is really going to help - and the color you are using - WOW. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I truly LOVE these...the house is my fave!

    Speaking of houses...I am working on a piece that will tell my story and I can't wait to share...as you are part of the inspiration!!!

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Bright and vibrant and joyous, as you are; and inspirational and wise, also as you are ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sooo Loving all the bright colors:O) you are doing awesome:O) cannot wait for you to open shop again!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!