Deeeeee-lish Dessert!

My friends, today we are going to venture into my kitchen, where I will be sharing just about the BEST cake recipe with you. True, I am not one to do many posts on foods or recipes (I'll leave that to the true food experts, like my friend Mary!) But I have been known to post one or two DIE HARD recipes that truly will . . . Change Your Life. (Remember the chocolate covered grapes? Or my super duper special Chocolate Chip Cookies? Yeah, of course you do.)

So today, I'm bringing you another family favorite of ours. And probably, yours too. The thing is, you probably have forgotten about it. But chances are, I'm fairly confident that you have seen, tasted and/or made this very cake at some point in your life.

Intrigued? I thought so. Let us begin . . .

I was at this stage of the baking today, when I decided I should do a blog post about the cake . . .
Have you figured out what cake I was making?  No, not yet? Well, let's move on.

After sweating for hours (kidding) over a hot stove (kidding, again) and after milking two cows and shelling 1,000 pecans and pistachios, and . . . . oh, who am I kidding? It's just about the easiest recipe in the world. Really. But after all was said and done, I couldn't wait to dive right in and cut myself a piece. Phil wasn't expected home until later that night, but I knew he'd forgive me. (Heck, if it was Phil, he would stand at the counter with the cake and a big ol'spoon, eating right from the pan!)

So, I lined up all the necessities . . .


I took the foil off . . .

Wait  . . . let's look a little closer, shall we?

And . . . . TAAAA DAAAAA!!!!!

Yes, my friends. It's the Jello Pistachio Cheese Cake Dessert!!!!! Mmmmmm!

Check out that yumm-o cake!! Look at that nutty crust . . . (pecans, my friends) and the layers of cream cheese and pudding and cool whip. Yes, this is SERIOUS SUMMER GOODNESS.

Oh, come on  . . . . come closer . . . .

Oh, don't do . . . don't go . . . there . . . .

I went there.

Sorry.

Now, this is a really critical step. One that I would be completely and totally amiss if I didn't mention. See all those little tiny crumbs of crust left on the plate? They MUST, I repeat MUST be squished with the fork and picked up and eaten. Immediately upon completion of your piece. Immediately.

Oh, I was in such a state of bliss, that I couldn't even hold the camera straight on this last photo.



Here's the recipe for those who dare try some of this deliciousness themselves! (There are a number of recipes online, but I have tweaked those I found and this seems to be the ratio that the family and friends LOVE. I'm telling you . . . it's a keeper! I made this cake for Katie's birthday party on the 4th of July, and there were only 2 pieces left of the cake! TWO PIECES left! It's SOOOO good!)




(Right click on the image of the recipe and you can print it out and keep it forever!) I think you could probably use the same guidelines, but replace the pistachio pudding for chocolate pudding, or butterscotch, too. Oh, dear . . . the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

I hope you enjoyed this yummy recipe. Let me know if you try it out. And watch for future kitchen goodness coming your way . . . I have a couple other family favorites that I really want to share with you.

Peace, my friends. From my kitchen, to yours! ;)

Comments

  1. LOL! I love your writing, Leanne...it is your true gift my friend...love it and you need to share more of your everyday with us because you make it sound so interesting and fun!!:)

    Okay...this cake seriously TAKES THE CAKE!;) I want to try it...I don't think I have. I mean I have heard of it but like years ago and this looks amazing!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squish the fork into all the leftover crumbs, my butt. You know you have a much better chance of getting them all if you just admit you use your fingers. that's what I'd do anyway... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making my Where Bloggers Create rounds from Karen's list today.....which brought me here to see your delicious green cake instead! now you've gone and made this blogger hungry for a yummy snack!

    stop by my place and I'll make you a coffee.


    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis - this is probably one of your top 10 posts!!! Although, I think instead of directing your readers to "squish the fork" to pick up the crumbs, you should have just directed us to pick up said plate and LICK it clean, because this dessert is truly THE BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look.... all I am going to say is DAMN. I wish I had cake now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!