Keeping it Real . . . 3


Time for another "Keeping It Real" post!
Here are my latest truths . . . in no particular order.

The truth is . . . my heart is so very heavy for the people in Aurora, Colorado. I haven't put the TV on or watched much of the news about the killings, because . . . I can't. But I am praying for the victims, and for their families. I am reading a little online, but I can't bring myself to watch any footage of the scene. I don't understand. I will never understand.

The truth is . . . that even though I am not working right now, I still need to get away. To leave the house and the stresses that come with it behind. To just get in my car, and drive. And very soon . . . I'll be doing just that. The girls and I will be joining Phil on a work trip again. And although this trip may not be as glamorous as when we joined him in Puerto Rico . . . it will still bring us a bit of adventure along the way. I can't wait to get in the car, and go.

The truth is . . . I give myself very little credit for being a "stay at home" mom right now. Very little credit for what I am doing day after day. Very little credit for being a contributing partner in this home. The guilt over not working the now past year (yes, I celebrated my anniversary from being laid off last week) is getting to me. I know I am doing wonderful things in this time with my daughters . . . but the truth is, I feel like a loser.

The truth is . . . I haven't painted in a month. If you saw the work table in my studio, you would swear it was part of an episode of Hoarders. Ok, maybe not quite that bad . . . but it is piled high with toys and books and things of the girls, and has not a sign of art anywhere near it. I feel creative in my soul, but the days this summer don't offer much time for me to get down there. When I return from our little adventure, that is going to be the first thing I do.

The truth is . . . I didn't go to the gym this week. I planned on going Tuesday, but the hot weather has me completely and totally blah . . . I'm praying for some cooler temperatures, soon.

The truth is . . . I'm in a funk today. But it's ok. It won't last. It never does. Because . . . even in all my happiness, I sometimes can be down. And that, my friends, is keeping it real.

Wishing you Real Happiness in your weekend, loves. Be back soon with more!

Hugs and Peace!

Comments

  1. Well put!!!:O) And dont feel like a Loser!!! You are making great memories with those beautiful daughters:O) Have fun on your trip:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, keeping it real with your blogfriends is one way to help pull you out of the funk.

    The truth is...not going to the gym is okay occasionally. It makes you appreciate it even more when you return.

    The truth is...Sometimes when you are unable to release that creativity, it only serves to build up inside you so that when you finally do release it, it flows from you in all it's juiciness and you step back and say, "Now THAT was worth the wait!!". (And you will never, EVER, be considered for an episode of Hoarders).

    The truth is...your family IS the most important thing in the entire world to you. There is NOTHING more important. And what you are doing is making things so wonderful for them that society (or anyone for that matter) has no right to suggest to you that you aren't holding up your end! I know this sounds trite, and I never thought I'd be one of those who uttered these words but Leanne, you will blink and the next thing you know you are sending them off to college or helping them with wedding plans. Don't discount the time you are spending with them. It's the best ever. And I guarantee it's the little things they will remember the most.

    And yes, you need to get away. And getting away, even for a cup o' jo' is a gift you give yourself AND your family. You're a good mom, Lea. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel like a loser because you are not!!! I am having trouble being motivated to walk outside...these temps are killing me!!
    Can't wait to see where you guys went to.

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Peggy. This is all ok. We all get in funks. It's like when the caterpillar goes into it's cocoon. You know what happens next. Something amazing. Accept where you are - it's all ok. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Peggy. This is all ok. We all get into our funks. It's like when the caterpillar goes into it's cocoon. It's necessary and you know what happens next. Something amazing. Hang in there - love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Society makes us feel that if we're not outside the home working, if we're not bringing in a paycheck, if we're not "contributing" to society, we're not useful. Bah! Humbug! There is NO greater investment than in your daughters and in your family! This may not be how you'd planned to spend this year, but look what you've done! Time with the girls, time invested in your art and building a business with it ... you most certainly HAVE been working. You haven't been paid by any outside entity, but you've definitely been working and growing and sharing joy and love ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The truth is you're NOT a loser! You are being a mom to your girls and taking care of your family and that is the toughest job in the world. So no more beating yourself up. Put your energies into being the mom and wife that you want to be and don't worry about a job or society and all their mistruths. Maybe try to find a way to turn your art into your "paid job", but even that isn't necessary. You are raising America's future and your family's future. If mom's got paid for that it would be the highest paid job out there over anyone.

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loser? Not even. You are the coolest cat I know. Get away, recharge your battery.. clean up your art studio before the trip, so that when you get back you will DIVE into projects. I love Peggy's comments. Loves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!