I can FEEL it!

Wow! What a difference the New Year makes! At least, for me.

I'm feeling very energized this week, and am creating lots of new stuff already (YEA!!!) It is always a fantastic moment . . . when I am actually feeling the creative energy and letting it work itself through me. I've been Scrapbooking like CRAZY the past few days, and I'm SO thrilled with that. Scrapbooking has always been a great release for me, and I'm really in the zone right now.

PG is out of town. He just left today for 10 days away (bummer!), so I'll be using the ol'AMORE coffee cup for the next 10 mornings (sniff sniff.) But, we had an extremely productive weekend putting away Christmas decorations and getting the house de-Christmasized. Don't you love the words I come up with? I swear, I don't know why Websters isn't knocking on the door! ; ) Anyway, as much as I LOVE Christmas (and I'm pretty sure you know I do!), I equally love taking things down right after the first of the year. It seems like I'm always ready to pack away all the festive decorations, and focus on something new. So, Good Bye dear Tree! Good Bye dear Nutcrackers! "Parting is such sweet sorry! That I shall say good night till it be morrow!" (sorry - just need to break out in Shakespeare every once in a while.)

Now the house is clean, the furniture is rearranged (which is also something I need to do after the holidays), and it feels like there is a clean palette in my space . . . . Ahhh . . . I love that.

So, what better time to do something new? I started my very first Big Picture Scrapbooking class over the weekend. If you remember, it was #4 on my 2010 Ta Da! List. Oh, and I moved the exercise bike back to the family room (part of #2 on my List). I can't even believe that here I am, January 4th, and have already followed through on 2 Ta Da! items. Yes, 2010 is going to be an AMAZING YEAR. I can FEEL it. Can you???

This Big Picture Scrapbooking class I am taking is called "The Challenge of Me." It seems to have come along at really a perfect time. The whole idea is to take time to scrapbook about yourself and where you are in life right now. It's kind of another therapy session (oh, gees, not another one!) But I have to say, it is perfect for this New Year. It is helping me really take a good look at myself - no fanciness or fluff. Just me. As I am. I'll share some of my pages, as I get them completed.

That's all for now. Just a real quick update on me and life the past few days. I am feeling lots of good energy in the universe right now, and I really needed that. December had some bumps that wore me down and I'm so glad to have them behind. 2010 is feeling much better.

Before I leave, just one last Christmas photo. I've been trying to play around with my camera and my photography skills (blame Ta Da! #9). In my attempt, I've found that I now have about 25 pictures of my Christmas tree and another 100 photos of bits and pieces of decorations around our home. Thank goodness for digital cameras, or I'd be in BIG trouble. This is one of my favorites that I took of our tree.

I have so much to learn about photography. I have NO CLUE what I am doing . . . . and the books are like a foreign language to me. I'm in awe of the talented bloggers out there who have such an eye and brilliant skill for taking pictures. I need to rub elbows with some of them. (
Kiki! I need YOUR HELP!) But, I'm trying! I really am!

And remember, "Some pursue happiness. . . others CREATE it." Go out and CREATE some happiness today! I know I will!

Comments

  1. You are on FIRE!! Hooray for you!:)

    Taking a BPS class is on my list, too. The one you're taking sounds awesome! Please let us know how it goes and if you felt like it was worth it.

    I'm off to create a new post myself.:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne...that other post is mine. I was a bit SHOCKED when I saw the profile name as that is NOT me. My son created an account for YOU TUBE and I think that is it...sorry:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love to take down the decorations, too. Haven't done it yet, though. Can't wait to see how your BPS project is going - I'm in the same one. I seriously need to learn how to photograph my pages - the photos come out horrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear/see the BPS results. I love those classes. It took me all of two minutes to take down my Christmas tree. :) Now all I need to do is find the energy to work out! I absolutely agree with the books being a foreign language...and the pics I take using different settings...I don't know how to log the different settings in order to learn from my mistakes. URRGGGHHH!! But we'll get there...we always do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear - I do the same thing when I read digital photography books! Remember I just use my crazy little point and shoot and damn ramsey hasn't yet let me buy a dSLR. Here are a few sites that I LOVE:

    http://rialeephotography.com/blog/
    ** She offers workshops - I think you should trek up to Fargo and we could go together! :-)

    http://www.betterphoto.com/allAbout.asp

    http://ericaloeks.com/blog/

    http://jessicahislop.blogspot.com/2009/11/2-horses-and-newborn-shoreview-newborn.html
    ** The photographer that my sister used for newborn photos in the Twin Cities.

    I'll stop now... you know I could talk about this for hours... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!