My Extra Special Package

So, I made an unauthorized purchase last week. Unauthorized purchases are those that are made without the spouse knowing. And while it was unauthorized when it was made, my catholic guilt got the best of me, and I fessed up to it just days after making it.

My unauthorized purchase was for a book and a special art plaque by an incredible artist and writer, Kelly Rae Roberts. I stumbled upon her blog at least a year ago, while perusing the web for artists and inspiration. And I found exactly what I was looking for when I found her site. Her art inspires me. Her words motivate me. Her style brings a smile to my face and a joy in my heart.

For the past year I have * wished * upon * a * star * for her book & some piece of her art to join my life. And while I wished and wished, I also waited and waited for a time when finances weren't so rough and when it wouldn't seem too much of a bad thing to spend some $'s on myself. It's not that they were that expensive. It was more balancing the needs vs. the wants.

Anyway, last week I decided the time was right, and I really needed the book. So, I place my order and patiently waited for it's arrival. While ordering the book, an art plaque on her website just "spoke" to me (don't you love it when things "speak" to you?). I
had to order it. Yesterday, the package came. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the envelope by our front door. And when I read the envelope . . .

I knew I was in for a treat. "To the Lovely Leanne . . . " read the envelope. You see, that is what is so great about Kelly Rae. She is bright. She is inspiring. She is kind and sweet. I don't even know her. She doesn't know me - but just addressing my envelope that way (to the Lovely Leanne . . . ) sent instant joy into my day. And that is a really really COOL thing, don't you think?

So, here is the plaque that I treated myself to.

It reads all the amazing things that will help me with my goal for CREATING this 2010 Year (like, "Tell your Joy", "Own Your Talent", "Trust Your Creative Spirit", "Quiet the Inner Critic"). It's an amazing reminder of what I need to be reminded of, and I feel as if it was MADE for ME. (How Kelly Rae does that is truly a gift.) It's 4x6 size is perfect and all that I need to have a gentle reminder of focusing on my inner artist. It is now sitting in my bedroom where I will see it first thing every morning. What a great present to myself.

The book, "Taking Flight - Inspirations & Techniques to give your Creative Spirit Wings"
is just . . . beautiful. Her art is so whimsical and sweet, and I absolutely adore these characters she creates.

I can't wait to dive in and absorb the energy that Kelly Rae gives, and I encourage you to take a few minutes to explore her blog and her shop here. You may be surprised where her spirit may take you. I know that tonight, as PG travels and the girls are tucked snug in their beds . . . I have a date with this book, my couch, and a cup of tea. And tomorrow . . . I'm sure to CREATE something amazing! Thank You, Kelly Rae!

Comments

  1. I, too LOVE Kelly!! I bought her book last year. It is so inspiring. I've been wanting her art ever since!! I'm gonna have to treat myself to something, too. So happy you bought that just for you, Leanne!! Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the sweetest little post ever. i'm so glad you treated yourself to something. you deserve it!
    warmly,
    kelly rae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!