Transformation 1, 2, 3

HELLO Dear Strangers!!!! My . . . I am REALLY having a hard time with that "Multi-Creatively Challenged" issue that I brought up to you last week! So sorry I haven't posted in a while, but it's all been good for me. Today, specifically, was a pretty great day, and one that I really wanted to tell you about. You see, we had a major day of transformations in our home today . . . and it has left me feeling really really good. One was cleansing, one was rewarding, and the last symbolized growth. Each one was equally important enough to want tell you about them. So, allow me if you will, to share.

#1 - The Cleansing
Over the weekend I once again gathered with my scrapbooking girls and soaked up the creativity and inspiration I have come accustomed to from this great group of ladies. It also was a great opportunity to CREATE - (which, if you recall, was my GOAL for the new year)! At one point during the day we talked about life and setting expectations and reaching for them and working towards your goals. It was a great moment to cheer each other up and remind each other that we are each in charge of our own destiny. If we have a goal, we need to invision that goal and work towards it. And . . . we need to accept the lives we have. If we don't try to change what we want to change, it is our choice. We have no one to blame. This was a HUGE thing for me to discuss and contemplate, and I was so grateful for this conversation on Saturday. I needed it bad.

So fast-forward to today, when I walked into my kitchen and had an instant feeling of overwhelming stress. One that I knew HAD to change. You see, I have a messy corner in my kitchen. A REALLY messy corner. It is so bad, that this corner makes me think that I could easily turn into one of those hoarders that you see on those reality TV shows lately. My corner is hidden next to my refridgerator, and is luckily positioned where you might not see it when first entering the room - but visitors always managed to catch a glimpse of it when moving around in the room, and that really bothered me. My corner is so bad that . . . well . . . here it is. . . .
Ok. There. You saw my messy corner. It's out there now. I can't take it back. And actually . . . I don't want to. You see, today I kind of got it. I walked into the kitchen this morning and I realized that this corner really mad me angry. This corner really bothered me. THIS CORNER really needed to be changed. And all of a sudden . . . I could hear the words of the ladies from this weekend. I HEARD them say that if you had a goal (in my case . . . a CLEAN CORNER), that you needed to go towards it. That you needed to FIX IT. And that you had NO ONE to BLAME but yourself, if you didn't. It was as if all of a sudden the lightbulb went on, and I needed to CLEAN THAT CORNER! So, I started. . . I started sorting through piles of recipes, Katie's school papers and scrapbook magazines, and started to PUT THINGS WHERE THEY BELONG (genius idea, isn't it?) I actually PUT the tooth paste in the bathroom, and the craft supplies in the craft area in the house. Now, PLEASE don't think my whole house is this much of a mess. I swear it's not. But this corner . . . I don't know why - but it has always been the catch all. But NO MORE! My Mom stopped over while I was in the middle of this project, but I was in such a MESS-FREE CORNER MODE that I hardly visited with her (sorry mom!) You know, the Gemini in me just needed to address this right then and there. And I did. About 3 hours later (yes, 3 hours!), this is what I got to . . . I recognize that I still have SOME work to do (I mean, do I really need 3 tape dispensers? I don't think so.) But I think I made HUGE progress. And my goal now will be to take 15 minutes every day and make sure I keep it clutter free . . . and tackle any stuff that might creep back into it. But it was a huge transformation (#1 - The Cleansing) and I am proud of it.

#2 - The Reward
Around 2pm today my friend and plumber, John, came over to install my dishwasher. This dishwasher, to be exact. Now, it may look like an ordinary dishwasher to you. But to me, it represents so much more. Our dishwasher broke on Halloween night, right after our guests left our house and we had a pile of dishes loaded into the machine. About 10 minutes into the load I could smell something burning in the house (um - that can't be good!) and PG investigated long enough to find that our dishwasher was the cause of the burning. Bummer.

To make a long story short . . . we have been operating sans dishwasher ever since. You may recall I shared a while back that 2009 was financial nightmare for PG and I. Going out to charge a dishwasher was NOT something we were going to do. We knew that we would have to just hang in there until the time was right (oh, and the bank account, too.) So we passed the holidays with dish pan hands and counting pennies. We worked hard, we stayed focused. We dreamed of the days when Cascade would come calling and we hung in there. And I'm PROUD TO SAY . . . tonight, as I type these words to you, there is a DISHWASHER DOING MY DISHES!!!! WAHOOO!!! This is a HUGE transformation in our home (#2 - The Reward) and I am PROUD of us!

#3 - Growth
The final transformation in our home today is that of my darling oldest daughter, Katherine. For this evening I took her, at her request, for a haircut. I walked into the salon with a little girl, 6 years of age, and left with a BIG girl. Still 6. But growing up by the minute and becoming such a beautiful little lady. Here is my Katherine, and transformation #3. . .

Still sweet. But even more sassy (uh-oh). I don't think I can call her "Katie" anymore. When we walked into the house after getting her haircut, her Daddy looked at her and just covered his mouth as tears filled his eyes. I think we both saw a different Katie tonight. And that is a HUGE TRANSFORMATION (#3 - Growth) in our home. I am so proud of her.

So, my friends, that brings you up to speed on my amazing day. I'm so glad I was able to share it all with you, and look forward to sharing something else with you very very soon. Until then. . .

Comments

  1. Great hair Katie Girl... She looks so old, OMG.... Great post, I have missed them.
    Happy Dishwashing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! The corner looks great, but the three tape dispensers made me laugh! And Katherine Josephine, well... I have a lump in my throat thinking that time is going by so fast - what happened to our little girl? Love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, enjoyed the day scrapping...and the deeper conversation. But you know, I'll never turn away from a conversation that deals with renewing your outlook on life!!
    Re: the corner...I have just about 50 gazillion "corners" in my house. I'd better get moving. I totally agree with your 15 minutes idea.
    Dishwasher's in already??? Hmmmm... doesn't sound like it spend the required amount of time in the LR, if you ask me!!
    LOVE Katie's hair. I'm guessing we've taken a big leap in maturity in the last 24 hours.
    Thanks for a great post, Lea!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!