Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Ella has discovered "The Wizard of Oz" and it has been playing, pretty much non-stop, in our house for the past week or so. It's funny how you can know a movie so well that you can recite practically every single line from it, with the same inflection and tone as on the film. It's also funny how a line from a movie that you have heard a million times before can suddenly hit you like a ton of bricks and make you think. Gees . . . I hate when that happens (the thinking.) It always disrupts my rather clueless state! ; )

Today I actually stopped what I was doing when I overheard the Wizard say to the Tin Man,

A heart is not judged by how much you love;
but by how much you are loved by others.

Seriously. I'm sure I have heard that line a gazillion times in my life. But today, it was almost as if it was the very first time. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others. So great, isn't it? I'm going to let you ponder that for a day or two.

In addition to hearing these great quotes from the WOO (Wizard of Oz), I've had those damn Munchkins in my head for days (and I say that with love, really!)! Ask my Mother-in-law, Rita, who has unfortunately been the receiver of my solo GLEE performances at work . . . as I sing "We Welcome you to Munchkinland!" or "From now on you'll be history. You'll be Hist - You'll be Hist - You'll be History. And we will glorify your name. You'll be a bust, be a bust, be a bust, in the Hall of Fame!" I think I've been the receiver of a few flying paperclips this week! Ah, well!

Believe it or not, Ella LOVES when I sing along with the movie. I think she is just amazed that I actually know the words to it. It's pretty fun! So, if you haven't watched WOO in a while, pull it out and make a big bowl of popcorn. See what you might get out of it this time. It's filled with wonderful heartfelt messages that are sure to warm anyone during this cold winter weekend!

Comments

  1. This is one of my all-time favorite movies!! I haven't watched it in a couple of years...I need to. Thanks for sharing.

    YES you can "borrow" my book idea! Glad you liked it. BTW, it is a 5x7 book. Just a perfect size.

    Happy, creative weekend, Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can only hear what one is ready to hear. That's why Glinda didn't tell Dorothy about the shoes earlier. So goes your revelation on what the wizard says to the tin man!! I sure do love that movie!! Right now, I'm on the hunt for my copy of Little Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thought keeps revolving in my head this morning...Now that Ella's been shown which witch is the good witch and which witch is the bad witch, what would she say if you threw in the "Wicked" version of the "truth"? I guess I just love that the great movies really allow the kids to enjoy a good show yet gives the adults the opportunity to ponder much deeper life things. Kinda like Shrek, y'know?? A good kid's movie but with adult humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Peggy's comment about one only hearing what what is ready to hear. How true! Great comment, PK. Oh, and a great post, Sis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!