101010 Project: Jean Simrose

Day 7 of the 10 Women, 10 Businesses, 10 Questions continues with the incredible Jean Simrose . . . and if I don't get a piece of her jewelry in my hands soon, I'm going to spend too much time pouting then doing anything else!!! Please join me in welcoming Jean to our happy chaos, as she shares her thoughts on the hardest part about pursuing a dream!
Jean Simrose
Name of Business:
Jean Simrose - Jewelry Artist

The hardest part about pursuing a dream is . . .

My dream has been an ever-changing challenge throughout my life. I am interested in so many things that my focus has continually changed over the years. I have been a licensed beautician, done accounting, worked for an oil company and worked as a mental health social worker. Creating things and working with my hands has always been a hobby. Making a career of it has been the hardest part of pursuing this dream. I sometimes question my talent and ability to make jewelry people will buy. I internalize the negativity from others who don’t believe I can succeed. It is difficult not to become disillusioned in my own ability to follow my dreams. Surrounding myself with supportive, positive people who believe in me helps me to follow my ultimate dream….creating things that people value and inspiring others to follow their dreams as well.

Social Media Links:

Jean's Bio: Jewelry artist, wife, mother, grandmother. I was born and raised in Canada in a very creative family. We were encouraged to work with our hands and pursue creative hobbies. My sisters and I were taught to sew, knit and crochet at a young age. I liked to design clothes and jewelry to go with them. My careers were varied and diverse. I was a hairdresser. I worked as an administrative assistant for an oil company while my two sons were growing up. After they moved out on their own I went back to university and became a social worker. I worked with people with disabilities and mental illnesses for many years. Art and crafts became therapy and a way to connect with my clients. I facilitated support groups and encouraged my clients’ creativity and skills as well as developing my own. In 2005 I remarried and moved to the Seattle area. I took a Silversmithing course offered at a local college. I made jewelry as gifts for family and friends and as I learned new techniques my inventory increased. I started my blog and an on-line Etsy shop in 2009. Since then I have enjoyed participating in art and craft fairs in the U.S. and Canada. I love connecting with new people and expanding my knowledge of this very diverse craft.
To view all 10 questions and find out more about
the 101010 Project: CLICK HERE

Comments

  1. jean, it's so easy to internalize that negativity you receive from others....especially if those "others" are in your family! i've actually dealt with this with my father. every time i show him something i made, he responds with "how much money can you make off of it?" drives me crazy. i think you just have to have confidence in yourself, and others be damned. you'll prove them wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Leanne! It is great to see other people working on their dreams. You are so inspiring my friend! I hope you are doing well! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!