101010 Project: Kelly Warren

Day Five of 10 Women, 10 Businesses, 10 Questions continues, and if you are a regular follower of my blog, you will immediately tell from the artist appearing here today that she is MY KIND OF PEOPLE! Her photo, alone, is right up my alley, and makes me SMILE!!!! Yes, I am talking about Kelly Warren. I mean . . . take a look . . . she's my kind of people, for sure!

I give you . . .
Kelly Warren
Name of business:
Happy Shack Designs

The hardest part about pursuing a dream is…
I think the hardest part about pursuing a dream, first and foremost,
is taking that first step and putting it out there! And then the second hardest part
about pursuing that dream is remaining realistic about your situation and
what’s doable at whatever point you are in your life.
That means accepting that the dream may not happen tomorrow, or the next day,
or the next month, or even the next year. But as long as you keep it out there
and keep trying, even if it’s just inch by inch, hope springs eternal.

That said, I think another aspect of that, which sticks with the reality theme, is accepting when you need to take a step back and reevaluate. One of my dreams is to have a retreat center and offer art retreats. I found the perfect spot a couple years ago…if only I had 1.3 million dollars lying around! So that’s when I had to reevaluate! I’ve still moved forward with facilitating art retreats, but I had to reevaluate and figure out how I could make it happen on a smaller scale, and that’s when Mermaids and Mamas Artful Adventure was born: Purple Cottage Retreats.  I still haven’t given up on the big dream, just seeing what I can do in the meantime to get me there.  


 
Kelly's Social Media Links:
Years in Business: 7 years

Kelly's Bio: An artist with a short attention span, I create work in artisan jewelry, fine art photography, mixed media, and book arts. I've also been known to sew a thing or two. I work full-time by day as the Director of Student Life and Leadership Development at a large four-year college in Florida, and am the lucky mama to wonderfully sweet eight-year-old twin red-headed daughters.I have been married to a handsome man of great patience who's put up with my art shenanigans for 17 years now.

Comments

  1. Love her spirit and the advice about reevaluating is just what I needed to hear this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leanne! I knew when I visited your blog that you were my kinda people too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. always love what you have to say Kelly! Here's to pursuing your dreams!!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!