The Start of Something Wonderful

I'm 41 today.

Forty-one.

41 years . . . young.

41 . . . and just starting life.

41 . . . it's going to be my year, I tell you. The start of something wonderful. Yes. I feel it. I don't know what it is. But I feel it.

My dear friend and I were talking last week about this impending day of celebration, and she said, "I think this next year needs to be YOUR year. YOUR year to focus on what YOU want." At first I thought it would be so selfish . . . to have a year of me. But the more I thought about it, the more appealing it sounded, and the more I realized how much I need it. A year of ME. A year to focus on me . . . inside and out. A year to listen to my heart. A year to nurture my soul. A year to feed my spirit. A year to exercise. A year to pamper. A year to meditate. A year to live. . . I mean, really live. To go where I want to go, when I want to go there, doing whatever it is I want to do. My year.

I like it.

And it starts . . . today.

The first day of my 41st year.

It's sort of fitting that PG and the girls started our garden yesterday. As I stood back and watched my amazing husband teach his daughters about the fine art of planting and loving and growing a garden, I thought about how this garden will act as a sort of reminder to me as I start this new year in my life. Like a new plant, I need to be handled with care.


I need to be grounded, focused, and firmly planted in my life.


I need to be watered, trimmed and weeded.


I need to be encouraged and shared and smiled upon.


And I need to remember what matters most at the end of the day are the people I share this life with. I am blessed beyond words, my friends. And as I look forward to this next year in life, I count my blessings on the past 40 years . . . they have been better than I could ever imagine.


It really is the start of something wonderful.

Much love to you all!

p.s. Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS blog post for a chance
 to win one of my hand-painted picture frames!

The winner will be announced on Wednesday!

Peace!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday and I hope this year's journey leads you to a lifetime filled with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweets...make sure you plant your feet on the ground and run. Enjoy this year. Let it be yours.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope this year brings much happiness, creativity, and love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year of you! I like that. And it's about time, my friend! You deserve it. Time to spend nuturing and cultivating that creativity!

    Happy Birthday, Darlin'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne!! Happy Birthday sweet friend!! PLEASE email me your addy again!!

    I love this post. The year of YOU!!! Looking forward to seeing what this year brings you!!

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is in place for this to be YOUR year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the year of you!!! You deserve to take time for you, PG and the girls... Take time to truly see what is important to you, step back and let others take charge. They will surprise you!!!

    The year of Leanne.. LOVE IT. What a great way to start..

    Hope you had a terrific birthday. What a great post. Thanks for sharing your special day with all of us!!

    Spray of sunshine!!!

    2E

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 41st. I wish I was there again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos of your home and beautiful daughters always make me happy. Leanne - you radiate happiness - even in your written words and photos! I can't imagine how blessed your friends must be to see you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Darling! And dang it but I'm a little late! :( However, since this is YOUR YEAR {I'm in total agreement}, you totally get that every day is a celebration of the life you want to live--- the one you create yourself! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heres wishing u the best year the start of many more lol flew over from facebook MBS group lol

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy Birthday!!!!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your whole garden, especially the plants. It looks so much more organized than mine. ;-)

    Happy birthday, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!