It's been a long time . . . .


You know it's been a while since you've blogged when you go to sign into blogger, and actually have to THINK about the user name and password you are entering to get into your blog.

Yes, that's me.

I've been an absent blogger.

I learned a long time ago that the key to a successful blog is consistency. Consistency in blogging. Consistency in reading other blogs. Consistency in leaving comments on other blogs. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.

I haven't been very consistent. For that, I apologize.

If you are still here and still reading this post, then I say, "THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart!" And here's something else for you . . . I miss you. I miss writing. I miss sharing my daily stories and my journeys and my art and my life. I miss gathering my thoughts and putting them out here for all to read (or at least the 180 so followers I have.)

I always have ideas to write about, you know? Usually when I'm driving in my car, or blow drying my hair, or waiting for Katie or Ella to finish one of their gazillion activities this spring. Unfortunately, my most recent ideas seem to get stuck somewhere between my brain, and my fingers tips . . . never quite making it to this trusty computer for a chance to actually come out.

But, today is a new day. And since this is the year of "me" (remember?), I think I need to change that. So, I am hereby adding a new task to my days . . . 1/2 hour of writing. Just a half hour. To gather thoughts, document memories, share some dreams.

Like, the photo at the top of this post. I took it last week, with my phone. Just happened to be outside, and glanced up to see the most beautiful sunshine HEART peeking through the clouds. The clouds were moving quickly, but I caught it at the perfect moment. See, the old me would have blogged about it the day it happened, and shared many paragraphs with you about the whole experience. I miss that part of me.

So, I've been thinking. I'm going to come up with some things to get the creative brain moving . . . like a weekly post listing 10 reason why I love summer? Or perhaps, the biggest thing I learned during the week? Or how about my daily journey? I haven't shared any pictures with you from my favorite road in quite some time . . . .  Or, maybe a humorous story of my hubby or kids (cause Lord knows, I have those daily . . . like, today. Did I tell you? Ella decided that she should dump 1/2 a container of baby powder on the floor of her bedroom. Wait . . . I said humorous, didn't I? Oh, I'm sure there is humor in there somewhere.)

Whatever it is, I hope I'm back. Back to writing. I miss it. And I have lots to say (of course).

So, here's to a dedicate 1/2 hour of writing each and every day.

Hope to have some good stuff coming out of it . . . hang on!

And that heart in the clouds is pretty remarkable, isn't it? It really was a beautiful moment. I'll have to tell you more about it later! ;)

Peace.

Comments

  1. I missed you.. I talk to you every other day, but I have missed you. You are my regular daily morning hot tea.. I say, " let's see what Leanne is going to say today." and I drink your words in..

    I was so glad to go on and see your fresh new post. You are an amazing writer and storyteller. It's such a gift.

    Can't wait for the next post...

    Spray of Sunshine (with a heart.. Like your photo)

    2e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being an "absent blogger". My ideas come in strange places, but they never seem to make it to the page. Good luck, I am looking forward to reading your posts. Maybe they will help motivate me... :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne
    I can empathise - I have just not been finding the time to blog as much I'd like or be a particularly good reader lately.
    Good to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat - I've blogged a lot in my head, just not on the blog! I love the heart pic - isn't it awesome to find hearts in the sky? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do miss your posts, Leanne...but I know that you are my friend so I always have you there;) LOL!!

    Enjoy those cute girls of yours. Time just goes tooooooo fast! This is Jackson's LAST summer at home:( I can't believe it!

    Love ya, girl. Oh and that heart is just amazing!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Sweetie! I think many of us get caught up in all kinds of other things and don't write as much as we should. I think the busier we get with other things, the less entertaining our own words feel when we write. Well, that's my take on it.

    Looking forward to more adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!