Blessings Abound

There have been millions of time in Katie's 7.8 years on this Earth when I have been proud to be her mom. Like when she took her first steps, the first time she said "Mama", and the many times I would find her doing something thoughtful for her sister (without any encouragement from me.) I have often been speechless at the very thought of her. How smart she is. How caring she is. How beautiful she is. Honestly, I have been blessed with two children who, to me, are as good as they get.
Seeing Katie make her First Holy Communion was just another one of those many moments when I felt a lump of pride and love in my throat, as if my heart was going to swell so much it could pop right out of me.
Born and raised Catholic, church was always something important in my childhood. I am ashamed to admit that I have not done as good a job in teaching my children about our faith, as my own parents did for me. But I am not perfect, and if there is one thing I do know, He will forgive me.
What I can do, is try and live my life following His examples. And I do try to do that, each and every day. Each moment in my life is spent trying to live a life loving others, caring for others, and understanding others. Doing to others and I would want them to do unto me.
And I hope and pray that my children will learn, by my example, how to live their lives. I pray they will make positive choices in their days and treat others exactly as they hope to be treated in return. Being a parent was my choice. Being their parent was Gods choice. Living a life of happiness and kindness is a choice we all must make, each and every day.
Sometimes, even making a choice to have barbeque ribs on your communion is the best choice there is.

Today, I choose to enjoy my life. To live it to the fullest. To give love, and receive love. To smile. To pray.

What choices are you making today? Leave me a comment. I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. First of all - many congrats to Miss Katie.

    Second - what a beautiful posts. I can tell how proud you are!

    Third - Today, I am just going to refocus at work, do what I can, and smile as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post this morning was a great way to start my day. I am blessed to know you, Leanne. You are a woman full of faith and belief in all that's good. My faith is what has kept me here. It's what has kept my life so full and full of joy...it wasn't always like that...but even though that is true my one constant was the Lord.

    What a beautiful and very special day for Miss Katie. She is so sweet. And that photo of your family makes me so happy...I can see how much you all love and care for each other and how important this day was for you.

    Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She looked so beautiful, and you should feel so proud. It's an amazing gift. Your example will go farther than you can imagine. God Bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful girl. Many congrats on her 1st Communion! Such an awesome point in her life. You are such an amazing mom/person and I totally wish you lived closer my dear Leanna...the beauty of your heart shines brightly in this post as always...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful family, Leanne! You are deservedly proud and seem like a wonderful family to know :-)
    Congrats Miss Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks lovely!!!I remember my First Communion(many moons ago) and well so did everyone else:( lets just say my momma was not tooo proud of me:(. Happy First Communion!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what beautiful, truly beautiful pictures! The smiles, the pride, the love, the tradition ... bringing tears to my eyes as I type. Your family is so blessed ... :) (Aside: My first thought upon seeing those ribs was "Oh, I hope no sauce got on that beautiful dress!!!")

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Nicole:
    First of all - many congrats to Miss Katie. Second - what a beautiful posts. I can tell how proud you are! Third - Today, I am just going to refocus at work, do what I can, and smile as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Scrapwords Mom:
    Reading your post this morning was a great way to start my day. I am blessed to know you, Leanne. You are a woman full of faith and belief in all that's good. My faith is what has kept me here. It's what has kept my life so full and full of joy...it wasn't always like that...but even though that is true my one constant was the Lord.
    What a beautiful and very special day for Miss Katie. She is so sweet. And that photo of your family makes me so happy...I can see how much you all love and care for each other and how important this day was for you.
    Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Stay at Home Mom At Work:
    Congratulations! She looked so beautiful, and you should feel so proud. It's an amazing gift. Your example will go farther than you can imagine. God Bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Mitzi:
    What a beautiful girl. Many congrats on her 1st Communion! Such an awesome point in her life. You are such an amazing mom/person and I totally wish you lived closer my dear Leanne...the beauty of your heart shines brightly in this post as always...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Nat:
    You have such a beautiful family, Leanne! You are deservedly proud and seem like a wonderful family to know :-)
    Congrats Miss Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful piece and I won't lie, it made me sniffle and my heart plumped up a whole lot. You have a very beautiful family.
    PS...how did the BBQ go? I'm talking about the sauce. Did it get on her dress? That's a mom's worst nightmare no?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!