A Star is Born

My dear friends, we have survived yet another fun filled weekend in our happy home. This time, the attention went to dear Ella, our youngest girl, who performed in her very first every ballet recital.

She's 4.

And so flippin' adorable, sometimes I can't even stand it!

The theme of the recital was "Let's Go To The Movies", with about 15 different movie songs being danced to. Ella's class performed to songs from "The Wizard of Oz", which is so perfect for her. Remember when I wrote a post back in January 2010 about Ella discovering "The Wizard of Oz" for the first time? She has been in love with this movie ever since, and having the chance to be a munchkin with her fellow ballerinas was just such fun for her.

Our seats were pretty far from the stage, but PG did a fantastic job getting some wonderful photos of our Ella. I had a pretty hard time selecting which ones I wanted to show you, so I kind of went a little overboard. But hopefully you'll find my comments entertaining, as these are the things I imagine she was thinking as the show was going on . . . 

Ok . . . I'm waiting . . . I'm waiting . . . I'm waiting

I'm waiting . . . wait . . . hey, what's going on over there?

Hey! What do you have over there? Can I have some of that?

 
TADDA!!! "Kansas, she says, is the name of the star!!!"

Holy Cow! That was fun! Hey, where did my friend go? 
  
I think I should show them my cute bootie!

I've got this step down!

Ok, listen, you have to point your toes now and hold your hands like this . . .

Glad that part is over. Now I can sit and watch the rest of the show . . .

I think I'm supposed to be waving, but I kind of like how my hair feels right here . . .

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be doing something now, but I wonder if Mommy and Daddy will take me for pizza after this.

Oh, there's our teacher. She's so pretty.

Gees, this thing is itchy. Boy, I wish my pretty teacher would stop talking.

Seriously . . . when is this going to be over? I can't take much more!

Listen, I've held your hands long enough!

Now you two sit down. I am going to take my final bow . . .

Awe, gees. . . thanks for my flowers.
I love flowers. Can we have pizza now?

So there you have it, my dears. Ella's Very First Ballet Recital . . . I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of her! And, I know that I am partial - this is my kid - but she clearly was the most talented ballerina out there. ; ) Her presence, her grace, her timing . . . just brilliant! She is MADE for the stage . . . just like her mommy! ; ) tee hee!

Comments

  1. Oh, what fabulous photos!!! Radiating joy ... :) The colors, the tutus, the sparkles, the ribbons -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl!! great job, Miss Ella girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Congrats to Ella! I just found a pic of me after my first ballet recital [http://twitpic.com/4yvtf8], and now I think I want to dance again, recapture some of that pure childlike joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I am laughing so hard reading this post, that the tears are coming down my face!!!! It was a GREAT recital, and Ellie was THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!! Your captions on the photos are priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide what is cuter- your daughter or the captions. I mean, she is really cute, but those captions were clever!

    Congrats to her (and you!) for the first recital! I have a hunch that you've got a prima ballerina on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that's the most adorable thing I ever saw! Congratulations mama she's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm back and now rushing around trying to catch up and that is just with two of us to think about, so I totally understand your ugly moments. Take Care, the ballet post stirred some emotions as our girls used to do ballet when they were younger. How can they be 27 and 31 so quickly, enjoy those special moments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!