Oprah and Me


Google Image search . . . Oprah Winfrey 2011
Well, I've come to this realization that it's too late for me . . . and Oprah.

It's shocking. I know.

But she's counting down, you know. I think there are 7 shows left.

I guess that's probably it. I mean, I'm sure they have the last 7 shows already scheduled, don't you think?

Hmmmm . . . . I guess I just didn't make it.

Nope, I won't be a guest on her show.

Bummer.

I always thought I would. Like, perhaps after I wrote that really cool book. You know . . . the one that would make a bazillion dollars that came from a story in my dreams about the vampires? Yeah, I thought that would be me. Or maybe I would be a guest on her show after she discovered I was her half sister. Ok, maybe not. At least I thought I would be on the show when my husband would declare his love for me by jumping up and down on her couch. No? Oh. Ok. Well, then, there was that whole idea I had that maybe someday we would take a road trip across the country together . . . just Oprah and me. But, nope. We never did.

I'm certain we'd be friends, you know? I'm sure that if we'd ever meet, we'd hit it off. I think I would tell her that I just love her hair and she would say I had a fabulous smile and that would be the start of a really wonderful friendship. But, nope. It hasn't happened yet. And I think I've just about run out of time.

Oh, I did meet her once. I think I told you about it during one of my random thinking moments (click here to be reminded.) It was a quick meeting. Ok, it really wasn't a meeting. But I did touch her hand. Seriously. It was pretty cool. But, that was it.

But I'm sure we'd be friends, you know, if she would ever really meet me. And she'd read my blog. Maybe talk to me about life, and she'd tell me that I really should write and star in my very own sit-com about life. This life. My life. From Chaos Comes Happiness. Yes, that's what I'd think she'd say. Then she would invite PG and me to dinner with her and Stedman. To finest restaurant we would go. We'd laugh, we'd cry. She'd offer to pay for dinner, but PG and I would insist we'd cover the bill. (Ok, maybe not.) She'd say she wants to talk "business" with me, but not during dinner. So we'd arrange to meet at her office the following morning, where she would tell me that the world should hear more from me. She'll say that I have a great outlook on life that needs to be shared, and then she'll give me a puppy. (But you know, I'm not really a puppy person. But I'll have to accept this one . . . because, you know, it's coming from Oprah.)

And then, we'll be friends forever.

Oprah and Me.

Yeah. That's what I thought would happen.

But I think I've run out of time.

Bummer.

So instead, I'll just wish her well, as she starts a new chapter in her life. And thank her for the good she has brought to the world (because whether you like her, or not . . . she's touched millions of lives in this world.)

Yes, 7 days left of Oprah. That's pretty amazing. Isn't it?

Good thing she has her own network. Because, you know, a girl has to keep dreaming. And I think my OWN show would be perfect on OWN, don't you? ; )

Best Wish, Oprah! Something tells me we'll both be just fine.

Comments

  1. Just another thing we have in common;)

    I will be a blubbering fool May 25th...her last show......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure if you devoted your entire life to following her around you'd have a chance of meeting her. OK, OK, it would be in court, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I had my own Oprah dream. Have written in to her over and over. Contacted producers, written and published in the letters to the editor section in the April issue of O...even had a few close contacts when Gayle King tweeted me! I thought it might happen. But sadly yes, all the shows are not only scheduled, but filmed. But yes with OWN there might still be hope for us both to see our dreams come true!Never give up...Oprah always tells us that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've never really been an Oprah fan. But, I always said I'd love to be a guest on her show. B/c I'm totally okay with being a hypocrite when it comes to being on Oprah's show. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Oprah, though I have to admit, I sort of lost touch with her after all of these year. BUT - I have been invited to our ABC TVstation (from some of my media partners) for a private viewing party, which I am super excited about! I hope we get free Oprah stuff.. (if we do - I PROMISE to send you some..) Then again... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie, you don't need Oprah. You are already a SUPERstar!!!! Just ask your girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I when I was little, I thought that one day, I'd be on Oprah, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are cracking me up. You don't need an Oprah silly. You're already fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!