Serenity

I've been saying that prayer a lot lately. It kind of keeps me in check. Reminds me that I can't fix everything. Allows to me accept things as they are. It really does bring a sense of peace into my soul . . . gees, I guess that whole "Serenity Prayer" title is for real, huh?

Serenity.
I long for that in life right now.

Believe.
Remember that Word of the Year thing that I do? I had kind of forgotten about it. My word for 2011 was Believe. Lately I can't even remember what it was I was trying to believe back in January. Right now, I feel like I'm trying to survive.
be•lieve
verb \ be•lieved be•liev•ing
 1 a : to have a firm religious faith
b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real
2: to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something
3: to hold an opinion : THINK

se•ren•i•ty
noun \ suh-ren-i-tee
1 : The state of being calm, peaceful and untroubled  

I'm going away for a few days, my friends. I can't wait. I think this little adventure is exactly what I need to find some serenity. I might blog, I might not. I might read. I might not. I might swim. I might . . . yes, I'm definitely going to swim. And in the middle of it all, I'm going to find some state of calm. Some state of peacefulness. Some state of . . . me.

I be•lieve I can do it.

I might post once more before taking flight - but in case I don't, please know that I'm nurturing my soul right now. And as soon as I return, be ready for some classic happy chaos stories . . . I've been storing up some good ones.

Hugs!

Oh, I forgot to tell you . . . the birdies have officially flown the coup. Sniff Sniff.

Oh, and my birthday was wonderful!!! PG and the girls decorated the house with balloons and streamers, even the fishies had a sign on their tank wishing me a happy birthday. I am one lucky lady, for sure. I did a pretty good job of letting things go this year, and I found solace in a pretty unsuspecting place (will share my story with you about that soon.) Thanks for all of your amazingly supportive words on my last post. I had to laugh when my brother called me and said, "Gees, I read your blog. Sure hope I wasn't the one who did that to you when you were 25." I had to laugh. (I often forget who reads my blog, you know.) Anyway . . . if you left a comment that day, I have to thank you with all my heart. You have no idea how much it meant to me. Really. I cherish you.

Oh, and one question. Do you think Oprah empties her own dishwasher? Do you think she eats in her kitchen? and then fills up her dishwasher with her dirty dishes? Or do you think she has someone do that for her? I was thinking of that this evening as I cleaned up the kitchen. I thought, "Hmm . . . I wonder if Oprah ever cleans up in her kitchen." Don't know why. Just a little "Random Leanne Thought Moment" for you . . . leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Now, go out and have some fun! And think of me!

I'll be back . . .

Comments

  1. Leanne! Hope you have a wonderful, peaceful, soul-filling time! Peace be with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Betty - Peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally wishing you a calm and peaceful soulfull time! Enjoy your time and can't wait for you to get back! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVE A GREAT GETAWAY!!!Sending peace and Hugs:O) p.s...hmmm I think Oprah has a maid although Ive seen her cook on her show and she cleans her office sometimes, Ive been watching her OWN behind the scenes show:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, serenity! Saying it aloud has a calming effect on me.
    The gift you gave your girls on your birthday allowed them to do for you so that they could (unknowingly) pull you out of the blues!
    Have some wonderful time away. Let that water hug you and warm your soul.
    As far as Oprah...c'mon, Leanne...are we even sure she feeds herself when she's not on camera??? Pick up dishes and load dishwasher? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your trip and return feeling relaxed. Take Care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday (a little late) and have a GREAT trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope your time away restores your soul...
    i think oprah might pick up her dishes from the table after eating...but i don't think she puts them in the dishwasher. no, probably not.
    love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed that prayer. Thank you.
    I hope that you have a wonderful and peaceful time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!