Contemplation

So much happening in the world right now. The news makes my stomach churn. So many scary scary things. PG left for another business trip today . . . and while his absence is short (only two days this time), the thought of him traveling to the other side of the country right now has left me uneasy. But, he will be home soon. This I know.

Tonight the girls played outside for hours and hours, as the recent gloomy and rainy days have taken a rest (finally.) I sat on the front stoop of our home listening to the sounds of their footsteps running outside, followed by their squeals and laughter. Then I glanced over to my magnolia tree, and found that our tulips are in bloom . . .
As our country searches for those who have fought against us,

As people sacrifice their lives for my safety, and the safety of my daughters,

As men and women, half way around the world, defend the beliefs our country was started with, and protect people who are unable to protect themselves,

I sit and watch my tulips.

And I hear my children laugh.

And thank God, and those who given their lives, and I pray for our future. All of ours. 

And I shed a tear for us all. For those who have come, those who have gone, those who still hate, and those who have the courage to love.  

God Bless us, one and all.

Comments

  1. Wonderful thoughts. I am so grateful for our servicemen and women who are strong and courageous and who believe in freedom. I am grateful for those men that took out a real-life monster.

    Your post is so full of emotion...thank you for this, Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post:O) I too am soo grateful for my family. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel a little like the day after Christmas? We know we are blessed, and others have less, and we celebrate while others stuggle and we try to find a balance in all the abundance of good and the emptiness of those without. At least, that's how today felt for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!