And what do YOU do?


"And what do you do, Leanne?" she asked . . . as I stood over a counter munching on some fresh broccoli and delicious dip.

"Me?" I answered, "well . . . I'm an Artist."

I said it. To a complete stranger. And then I smiled. A great big smile.

I've never done that before, you know? I've never said that I was an artist. But last Friday (the very day I felt in a gloomy state and wrote that "The Pits" post on this very blog), I said I was an artist. Yes, I did. At a home demonstration, over the broccoli dip. I said, "I am an Artist!" And I've been smiling ever since.

I put it out there, friends. In the great big universe. And since then, I've been making it happen. After claiming my position in the universe, and after a heart-to-heart with both PG and my sister, I am moving forward. I am surrounded by love and support. From family, friends, and blogsouls (that would be you!) and I am forever grateful. Really. Big hugs to you.

Yes, mailing boxes have been ordered, Etsy descriptions are being written, calls made, really cool work table bought at a local resale shop, product created. All of it.

Today I talked about some "business" stuff with my Mom. After she took in all of my mumble jumble, she asked, "How did you get so smart?" . . . and my heart did a flip. Yep, I think Mom even believes I can do this. And my friends . . . that makes me feel really really good.

So, I'm hoping to have Etsy open by the end of the week (or over the weekend.) I've got some awesome products that I'll be selling, and I'll probably be asking my dear blog friends (eh-hem) to throw a few shout outs for me. I'm asking for all the traffic I can get, friends. This isn't just a business to me . . . this is a new life. And it's a bit of a miracle, too.

Yes, I am an artist.

:)

Comments

  1. Boom.
    You. ARE. AWESOME!...and an artist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You ARE an artist. I can't wait to buy some stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an Artist... Weather through paints, markers, words or anything else you touch you are and always will be one.

    I am so happy you are embracing all the gifts you have been given.

    I am so glad to be able to be a small part of your wonderful journey.

    You go girl!!! Can't wait to see your Etsy site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE an artist. Oh, yes, you are ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, YOU ARE!!
    Can't begin to tell you the flips MY heart is doing as I read this post.
    You are doing everything you need to do! Yes, you are!
    And Carol believes in you!
    Life is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it. You are an ARTIST. A Dame good one. You have the talent and now you have the faith in yourself to do it. You give people like me the inspiration to do my own thing. I am trying and working real hard to get myself started. This weekend is the weekend. You keep up the good work and inspire the rest of US...Love You and Your Work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Well done Leanne... and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You said - there is no going back now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a wonderful, freeing feeling to say, "I'm artist"! Can't wait to see the shop - I'll add you to my 'circle'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! You are so creative and talented and have so much to share with the world. You are an artist and I am so proud of you for saying it. I believe in you my friend! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leanne - loved this - made me think of you - it was in one of my "past lives" notebooks - your post made it appropriate to share - “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
    Steve Jobs quotes (American Entrepreneur Apple co-Founder, b.1955)
    Here's to your heart -- RW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!