The Pits

Fear.

Ugh.

Go away.

I have a pit in my stomach today. A pit that hurts inside. A pit that wonders what the heck I am doing. A pit that has me thinking it's time to get back into the "real world" and leave this dreamy state behind. A pit that took a good long look at the bank account and said, "Ok . . . seriously . . . get moving, honey. You need a job. NOW."

I need to put my art out there. But I still have much to do before I am ready for that.

Do I really? Or is it just the scared me who is procrastinating.


Bowl of peach pits image from
google image search. Original source unknown.

I'm a big procrastinator.

Sometimes . . . life is the pits, you know?

Sometimes . . . I just need a day like this to bring me down to reality a little.

Sometimes . . . I want to crawl up under the covers and let the day go by without having to get up.

But I can't do that today. Or tomorrow. I have things going on that require my presence. But I'd rather just stay home . . . me and the pit in my stomach.

What do you do when you have the pits? Just wondering. How do you keep going?

Comments

  1. The PIT!! Perfect to get out of the doldrums!!

    Get that stuff up on Etsy NOW!! There's no reason to wait for the perfect moment, the perfect webpage, the perfect anything. Just do it...just like when you booked TCC. Just do it. It's the right thing, Sweetie! And you've got a bunch o'people waiting for your product to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you so afraid of? Just get your stuff out there and git er done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best things I heard at TCC was about letting perfection turn into procrastination :) Just do it-keep the surge of creative energy going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Have confidence in you and your amazing talent! Things might not be perfect, but nothing EVER is.... sometimes our imperfections help to propel us, as we can learn from our mistakes. But it does take that first step to put yourself out there. Do it! Have faith in what God has given you! It's for a purpose.....that may be hard to see, but certainly meant to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hardest thing in the world is to come off the mountain and see the people! You are just listening to the Evil Gremlins---- they started knocking at my door this morning as well. You can DO THIS----- you've seen the big picture, maybe for awhile you do little steps? Draw your road map, then make little goals? Better to have happy dance over the little things than fear that you'll never do The Big Thing. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, of course, I am a big ole's scaredy cat.

    But what I would tell YOU to do.. whatever fire that was lit under your patootie at the Creative Confenrece... you need to reignite it! Sooo... here it goes - I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW You can do it.

    Please do it... you are inspiring me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no Leanne... don't let self-doubts stop you from achieving your dreams! We are all rooting for you and know that you will succeed, your talents will shine through.... just go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have finally caught your dream friend. It is in your hands. Don't let self doubt ruin this. It's ok to have a bad day like this but take a look at the big picture...you are running with your DREAM. YOUR DREAM. Things will take time, it doesn't mean that you're procrastinating...you're just making sure that everything is perfect.
    Hugs friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you've come a long way from this post. Don't listen to the pits!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!