hello courage

I spent hours last night . . . hours . . . sitting at the computer and reading and reading and reading.

Inspired.

Sigh.

By each and every one of you.

I absolutely love the spirit in blogland right now.
This whole renewed and reinvented time of year,
when we celebrate the past and look forward to the future with such gusto . . .

Ooooo, GUSTO . . . that's a great word, isn't it?
Perhaps I'll have to keep that on the list for next year.

So many of us in blogland participate in the "Word of the Year" or "One Little Word" movement, and I love that. So many of us blog about our words and share our dreams as the slate has been wiped clean and ready to start anew. I read some wonderful stories last night. Triumphs. Failures.
All of it.
I'm constantly in awe of the honesty that exists in our little community.

My word for this year . . . . 
COURAGE. 

I shared it with you at the end of last week
(click here if you want to see that post). 

It's a big word for me this year. 

Courage.

The courage to keep going.
The courage to stand up for myself.
The courage to believe in myself, when others might not.
The courage to truly look at myself and make a change.
The courage to follow my dreams.
The courage to never give up.

I stood at my countertop this morning, searching for a new coffee cup. I've been using my "Merry Christmas" mugs and Starbucks Holiday mugs for over a month now. This seems the perfect time to pick something new. Then, I found it . . . a travel mug I bought some time last year, from my creative mentor Kelly Rae Roberts.


I use this mug often, but completely forgot what was written on it.

Today, it hit me like a brick.

hello courage! 

I can't think of a better way to start the year. 

I wish you Peace and Courage, my friends.
Peace and Courage.

Comments

  1. Isn't it just amazing how our words keep coming back to us in so many different ways.

    It really is going to be a good year, Leanne!! It really is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love it when that happens!! What a wonderful affirmation that you DO have the courage!! I mean look at ALL you have accomplished this year, sweetie?? You are on your way and I am SOOO PROUD of yOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is definitely an encouraging sign!
    I just know that you will have the courage to live up to this year's challenges and expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good word. All the best in achieving your goals this year. Now if I could just come up with one. (help)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great word! Your posts are always so inspiring, I think I'm going to actively search for a word of my own for the year...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great word. I like this idea so much better than resolutions. And your cup is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello courage!!! :)

    I came here to thank you for your comment and visiting me from our dear friend Kristin! You have a wonderful blog here and I cannot wait to find out all about you!

    Happy New Year and Courage is a great word for this year! I adore the blog community and how happy to find you as well!

    <3 Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hai courage,
    it's me Kim.
    please remind my dear friend of how strong she is always.
    Love me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courage is the PERFECT word for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good way to start a year, isn't it?
    Yes Courage to stand up and speak, courage to do it the right way......
    First time here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! That is a great word my friend! I also love the gusto around blogland right now. Inspiring! You had some challenges in 2011 and climbed up that hill and came out on top my friend! You are amazing! I am so proud of all that you have accomplished! I wish you all the best in 2012 and all the years to come! Happy New Year my friend! Let's hear it for courage!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lovely Leanne, I think courage is a FABULOUS word for you this year...I think you started it a little early and now you just get to keep rolling with it! I am so excited to watch and see what happens with you (and your art!). Thank you for being such a sweet, supportive blog-land friend. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello dear friend! love your word for 2012! :-) Just wanted to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Any chance you are going to the CHA conf in california later this month?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the perfect word for your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!