Textured Words

I found my way out of my gloomy creative-less state this week, and I think I'm really onto to something cool here. It all surrounds . . . Words. OUR words. Our Words for 2012.

I've spoken before about how important this whole "Word of the Year" idea is to me. It has kept me focused on things that I need to be focused on for many years now, and this year is certainly no different. I knew that I wanted to celebrate my word with a special piece of art, and I knew that I wanted to do the same for some very dear people in my life.

So, if you remember . . . it started with a trip to the local home improvement store for some letters. You may remember I shared this picture with you last week:

And here are the steps I took to make my are:
  • Glue torn strips of scrapbook paper, die-cuts, music paper, anything that you'd like to a plain unpainted canvas.
  • Mod-Podge the layer for papers and let dry.
  • Stick letters spelling out your word on canvas.
  • Completely cover canvas in white paint and let dry.
  • Peel letter stickers off of canvas and see exposed scrapbook materials underneath.
  • Randomly sand white paint in various places on canvas to expose small hints of papers underneath.
  • Adhere small scrap pieces of same papers on top of white paint.
  • Outline letters with black paint pen
  • Add word "remember"
  • Add thick layer of Mod-Podge over complete piece to set and protect work
  • Enjoy!
Here is another larger photo of my word . . . COURAGE:


My dear friend Peggy's word, TRUTH:


My sister's word, BALANCE:


And my friend Cindi's word, IMPROVE:


I added a key to each piece, to symbolize "unlocking the word in our year". I like that. I'm all about the symbols, you know.

And I'm all about the texture.  There were NO MISTAKES in this project . . . everything goes, and I am so pleased with the outcomes. Here is another close-up shot where you can really see the layers on each piece.


And another one . . . don't you just want to reach out and touch the screen? Go ahead . . .


And a picture of the key . . . I love keys. Mysterious, don't you think? Where does the key lead you . . . if you follow your word in life?


Thanks for allowing me to share this project with you.

I am proud to say that I will be offering MANY of these in my Etsy shop in the coming days. If there is a particular word you would like to see in my shop, please leave me a comment and let me know. I'll update you on when you can add one to your home.

Until then . . . may you unlock much joy and courage in your day!

Peace, my friend.

Comments

  1. These are all incredibly beautiful! What wonderful gifts! That visual reminder is fantastic!

    I hope next week is spectacular for you. For me? I hope to have less surprises. Sheesh.. I can't take much more. hahahaa..

    Night Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly talented Leanne! Those turned out so dang cute, I can just imagine your creative juices flowing into each project!...Hey there's one for ya...Imagine!...Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely amazing. I am pinning this right now!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love LOVE them and thanks for sharing the how to!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!