My Daily Journey . . . a Winter Update . . .

s   n   o   w  .   .   .  


I took the long way home this morning, so that I could drive down my my favorite road. Remember? It is a serene spot in this chaotic life of mine, and it brings me peace each time I drive it.

I love this road.

I think it would be cool to start a blog with photos of this road . . . just photos. Each and every day . . . to see the seasons come and go. Hmmmm . . . maybe.

In the winter . . . it is especially beautiful.

As if The Big Man, himself, came down with palette knife in hand, and a big old tube of paint, and christened each branch with the most delicate edge of white.


Whether you like the snow, or not, it's beautiful.

And Chicago is making up for the lack of it . . . all in one day. They are calling for 6 to 8 inches. That's nothing . . . in my book.

But whatever it is, it is already bringing a sense of calm to my psyche. And it's just what I needed.

I already feel better.

Wishing you a Sparkling White day, where ever you may be.

Peace!

Comments

  1. I heard on the Today Show this morning that Chicago was getting snow! I got soo excited for your guys, and for us - FINALLY winter is coming. Since you guys are straight up the road (well.. a bit) - we get a little of your cod blasts.. and yes, our low tonight will be 28. FINALLY. It's been in the 70s and 60s for the past few weeks.

    Ejoy our snow - though we won't see any of it, I am sooo glad a little cooler air will be on it's way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm.. hmmm.. key board acting up. YOUR snow. Cold not cod.. Enjoy.. sheesh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same today when shoveling our driveway... Quiet, Peace, Calm. I loved it. I took a deep breath and thanked God for today.

    So glad you went down your road and shared it with us today. It is so pretty.

    Have a nice night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful photo of a beautiful street. I visited my brother in Vermont in the Fall of 2010 and there were many beautiful streets, similar to your photo. I had a remarkable feeling of peace when we traveled those roads too so I totally understand what you're saying. We need to enjoy more moments like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take that I over the rainy day we had ::sad face::

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...christened each edge with the most delicate edge of white." I like that. What a very peaceful statement!

    I love this road. And I'm pretty sure I've never physically traveled it. But I have in your blog posts!!

    Thanks for sharing one of your peaceful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know, Leanne that your road post is one of my favorites? It is. And I think you SHOULD do a series of photos about your road!! That would be so cool. You could put them into an art journal, too and call it Seasons of my Life or something like that.

    Thinking about you and all your snow. We still haven't had but a dusting. We need a snow day!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Leanne, words and photos! Hope you enjoy the snow this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I wish we would get some snow. These pictures look like "the road less traveled". You know we both love Robert Frost! :) I hope you have a great weekend my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful, I don't often get to see such quiet corners of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous pictures:O) I LOve my Texas weather:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!