A Letter to Me


Something made me write this letter to myself. Some need to remind myself of how far I've come and remind myself of where I want to go. But primarily, a letter to get myself out of Funkytown. This, my friends, is my Letter to Me.


Dear Me,

Hi there . . . it's me. Well, it's you, actually, writing a letter to . . . you. I mean, me. Myself. I. (Oh boy, if I keep going in this direction, we're going to be here a while.)

The truth is, I think you hit the nail right on the head yesterday in your post. And I think that it's time you have a good long talk with yourself. Because it seems pretty clear to me that YOU are the only person who can get YOU moving right now. So, here we go. You see, now that we realize what the problem is, I think we need to address it and then . . . MOVE ON. Alright?

But before we do that, I think there are a couple of things you need to hear. Things that you need to tell yourself. Out loud. Because, my dear . . . you are just fine. Better than fine.

You are great.

You have a good, honest marriage to a dear man who is truly your best friend in the world.

You have two beautiful daughters who you are trying your best to raise as good, decent, compassionate, respectable human beings. You are teaching them to follow their dreams, and someday you hope they will leave you . . . and do just that.

But, you? You are an honest, dependable, passionate, hard-working woman who loves life. Yes, you are overweight. Yes, you have thin hair and stubby fingers and bags under your eyes. But you are real. True. You have an excitement for life and a yearning to share your outlook with the world. And that, my dear, is your most cherished gift.

Somewhere along the line, though, you started to beat yourself up. As if you feel you are not worthy of this life you are living. My dear, this is not going to work. You must let go of those feelings. LIVE.

You've spent many years trying to make others happy . . . following paths that would make other happy . . . but not always following your own soul. Truth be told . . . you are not responsible for making others happy. With the exception of your two daughters (who did not ask to be brought into this world), give yourself a break. Let everyone else be responsible for themselves. LET THEM GO. And . . . believe it or not . . . someday your very own daughters will be responsible for their own happiness. So, follow YOUR dream. Be who YOU want to be. You may be surprised just how amazing life can really be. 

You see, you've been given a gift. Yes, and what a gift it is. Don't waste it.

For there is nothing wrong with following your dreams in life. The GUILT you have . . . it's garbage. You HAVE to let it go. Yes, money is tighter than tight right now, but this is short term. Stop punishing yourself. It's almost as if you refuse to allow yourself to CREATE, because you feel you shouldn't. You shouldn't do something that feels good to your soul, when you feel you have made a selfish decision in not working right now. Follow your heart. You've made art that says just that. Maybe you need to hang one of those pieces on your wall . . . to remind you of what you believe in.

So, enough is enough. Follow your dreams. Create your art. Be who you have always wanted to be. Don't forget where you have come from . . . but don't ever give up your dream. Only YOU can make it a reality.
I am proud of you.

And I believe in you.

Always.

Love,
Me

Comments

  1. Your generous, wonderful heart is one of the most cherished gifts you give the world! Your belief in others, your love for them ... it all shines through. And if you don't follow your own dreams, who's going to do it for you ...? Enough with the guilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you and me are very much alike.
    I see me in this letter.
    All my life I work to please others and somehow got lost along the way. I think that is a large reason why I became a nurse.
    My self esteem has always lacked.
    I never give myself credit for all that I do and quite frankly I'm awesome at...hee hee.
    Thank you for reminding me to stop and appreciate how good I actually am.
    You're a wonderful person and I hope you really truly know that.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, my, my... you are letting those negative trolls enter your brain. You are a spectacular, wildly creative, intelligent, gentle woman! You CAN AND WILL create and express. We are hear. We are listening. More importantly, we are cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!
    This rings so true for me as well, and I love the honesty and courage it took for you to write and share it.
    Bravo! I tripple love it! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most definitely a letter that needed to be written. Now if the recipient will just take in and LIVE the words, all will be right in our little world.

    Love this letter, Leanne. Now just believe the words. Believe what it says. Embrace the courage to live it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely and so true for so many of us letter, Thank you for sharing and keep Believing:O) Lots of hugs and smiles Isabel....p.s. you have such beautiful green eyes!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The very monologue which needs to be done sometimes. Thanks dear for sharing, great words indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!