Facebook: A Dream? Or a Nightmare? TBD

My Mom is on Facebook. . . seriously. And that makes me a little nervous. I don't know how this happened. . . but suddenly I feel as if my hidden Facebook underground world has just been busted. BY MY MOM. Seriously! Facebook was MY get away from responsiblity and day to day life (although I write mostly about day to day life on Facebook, and read about other day to day lives. . . so yes, I get that it's odd for FB to be my escape.) But still, it is an opportunity to play Donut Donut and Brick Breaking games until 2am, if I wanted to (yes, I've had plenty of long nights doing just that.) My opportunity to keep in touch with people that I haven't seen in 20 years (some even longer than that.) My network to post whatever crazy sentence I wanted to - without having to explain myself. And now I feel as if my secret is out.

It didn't seem to bother me when my Mother-in-law started to go on Facebook. She and I have spent alot of time talking about the games we play and strategizing our success with them. It's all good. But my MOM? I don't know . . .

It's kind of like having my mom show up at a party with the SAME "Date" outfit I recently bought (you know, that special outfit that you think you look really **HOT** in and save to wear only on special date nights with the husband or special someone?) Yes, there is nothing like your 70 year old mother showing up to Aunt Millies 75th Birthday Party wearing YOUR **HOT** outfit to crush the ego. I guess having Mom know my day to day Facebook secrets is just about the same thing. I know, I know. . . I don't have to "Friend" her. But then, how do I explain THAT to her? AUghhhhhh!!!!

So, today I'm pondering what Facebook is, exactly. A Dream. Or A Nightmare.

And I guess the answer to that is still to be determined.

Oh, gees. . . I just realized - I guess Mom will find out about this blog, now, too. Isn't anything sacred any more!!?!?!!

Comments

  1. I don't use real names in my blogs for that reason. (Most of my blogs involve family).

    She wants in on the fun too. You'll just need a second account to do all the fun and naughty stuff from. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! I saw your Mom's comment on something PG posted. Had my own little comment to that...She'll probably hate me!! I couldn't resist! Anyway, my niece told me that was why she as glad my SIL wasn't on FB. A little tooooo close for her college-aged comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, sorry, but I will take the blame on this one (Leanne's sister, Laura). Carol (our mom) caught me at a week moment, post-knee replacement surgery, when she said to me, "What is Facebook and how do I get on there?" So, I'm thinking it was still her post-surgery morphine talking, and yes, I was feeling sorry for her, so I set her up her own account. I specifically did NOT tell her how to add Leanne and me as "Friends". So, right before I read Leanne's blog just now, I checked my email and found a friend request from our mom, the beloved Carol. YIPES!!! Now what do we do???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Set up a seperate account just for her. We all have a few different email accounts so we can all do this. Set up one in just your married name. If she is like my mome she probably will not go on here very much. But don't hurt her feelings by not excepting her friendship just set up your own mom account. Hope this works and helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you guys are too funny! My mom is on facebook but I created her password and now she can't remember it! Oh well...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. found you thru Brene's blog - you have a fun site! I know exactly what you mean about Facebook. I had issues with the whole "25 random things" craze a while back, but it didn't seem to bother me to start a blog of my own. go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all of your comments, everyone!!! Looks like we all have had some interesting/questionable moments in our Facebook happenings! I have friended Mom, and so far it's been o.k.. Believe me, I'll be keeping you all posted if anything changes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!