It's Christmas Time!!!

I was really tired last night. So tired, that I really didn't want to do . . . anything (I had a particularly cranky day at work that took alot of energy out of me and I was drained.) But Phil had plans to go see a sci-fi movie, which meant the girls and I would be home - all available to do something FUN. The only problem was that I really didn't have the energy to do anything FUN. Good thing Katie came up with the perfect solution. You see, last night was Christmas in our house. . . not really (of course, you knew that), but close. Katie decided that the 3 of us girls really needed to do something special. She asked me what my favorite time of year was, and I told her "Christmas time!" (knowing that I would say that), and she immediately put her plan in place. She asked Ellie and I to stay downstairs as she put together a * * surprise * * for us.

About 10 minutes later she came down and got us. She had me close my eyes and guided me up the stairs to the family room, where I was then directed to open my eyes. And there she had everything set up . . . three little glasses of milk, three little bowls filled with 2 cookies each (the cute little sprinkle bakery kind that she got while out with Grandma earlier in the day), 3 blankies and pillows arranged on the couch, and "The Legend of Frosty the Snowman" playing on the DVD player. I looked at her and said, "What is this?" and she said, "Well, we like Christmas and I thought it would be a great night for a special movie, a snack, some snuggle time so you could rest, and we could watch Frosty." And she was absolutely right . . . it was the PERFECT night for all of those things.

I suggested we all put on our pajamas (even though it wasn't even 7pm yet), to which the girls jumped and shrieked with delight! Within minutes, the three of us were in our absolute favorite PJ's and as happy as could be - watching Frosty.

As we sat there watching Frosty, all 30 toes lines up in a row and our arms snuggled around each other, Katie looked at me and said, "Mom, this is the best night ever." And she was absolutely right. It was the best night ever.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. I enjoyed Christmas again watching Frosty at 7 this morning with Ella by request. Christmas is fun with you guys though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! I'm SO glad Katie takes after you with her fun/creative side!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!